Senior Software Engineer
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer
Location : Pleasanton, CA
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Challenge yourself as a Senior software engineer to make a great impact on the clinical outcomes and customer performance. This role involves working with customer facing teams and thinking out of the box to create quick solutions for products used by customer / partners.
You are responsible for
- Developing system solutions aligned with customer workflow enhancing customer productivity
- Will involve travel to customer sites to learn about their operations and to understand customer experiences.
- Develop solutions to mitigate immediate problems at customer sites as well as develop solutions to enhance the robustness of the product to meet the nonfunctional requirements like performance
- Participate in design, code reviews, troubleshooting and defect identification process
- Participate in scrum team activities, effort estimation, project planning, and daily standups
- Researching and using newer tools and technologies that will help us improve our product and serve our customers better
You are a part of
The Philips' Enterprise Imaging and Informatics (EI) Business provides a comprehensive solution for medical image storage, enterprise distribution, and enterprise workflow. Our Software as a Service solution stores images for millions of patients across hundreds of hospitals across the country and helps clinicians acquire, analyze, and interpret clinical data so they have the care-specific information they need to make informed decisions with confidence.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Software Development Experience
- Very strong problem solving skills and debugging skills
- Very Strong programming skills in C++, SQL, Windows Installers
- Experience with defined software development methodologies
- Experience working on web services
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Prior development experience with Object Oriented Analysis, Design Patterns, and Distributed Systems
- Experience working with customers and partners
- Well versed with debugging tools
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken form
The following education, experience and skills are highly desired:
- Medical domain knowledge of DICOM, HL7, PACS, Dictation Systems, EMR, etc
- Working with tools like Wireshark
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup / new ventures type environment
In return, we offer you
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top