Senior Service Program Manager
- San Diego, CA
Senior Service Program Manager
We welcome you to join Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGT-D) Service Innovation group as a Senior Service Program Manager in our San Diego, CA location.
As the Senior Service Program Manager, you will be required to organize the input gathering from different internal and external stakeholders (marketing, development, operations as well as the sales regions, key markets and global customer Service) and realize an alignment between those parties in order to feed the Service business roadmap that is recognized as the right solution to realize long-term targets.
In addition, you will realize the required serviceability level of the new developed products (aligned with the service roadmap) via: 1) assessment of the product during the different development stages, 2) formulate solutions across multiple disciplines to effectively achieve goals together and 3) leading cross functional projects that aim to fulfill our Service business goals.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Formulate new solutions by integral, original thinking and add new service innovation concepts/elements to combine abstract ideas at a high conceptual level to generate new types of solutions
- Participate in technology studies to represent Service point of view, work with the team on Service related issues, investigate the implication of this new technology on the Service processes and translate this into business impact and defend it in the project team
- Lead multi-disciplinary service innovation change projects, managing cross functional project/study teams
- Introduce Service Innovation methods/procedures that are new for the organization, and represent the Service organization in deploying the Product Design Launch & Maintenance (PDLM) process
- Represent the Service organization in the product development process. Act as single point of contact for the project manager on Service related deliverables
- Investigate new designed products on their Serviceability based upon the defined (general) Service requirements. Advises development how to realize an optimal Serviceability and Reliability on both products and components levels
- Create a Service Innovation project plan for a (sub-) product and align with the key stakeholders in which the realization of all applicable Service Innovation deliverables and other project activities are incorporated with the proper timing and resource estimation
- Team leader of a team consisting of Service members from different Service disciplines focusing on the realization of the Service Innovation project plan
- Create a Service Product information explaining the Service Strategy for the related products
- Create a Service Business Case and the other Service relevant deliverables for the assigned products/projects
- Support creating the overall test design including test cases for the verification and validation of the Service functionalities of the product. Executes Service verification and validation tests within the project
- Defines, creates and publishes the required spare parts for the specific product as well as the Service deliverable package (documentation and e-information) to enable the execution of the Service process in the field
- Define the requirements of the technical training courses of the products and review the delivered training content
- Introduce the new products releases to the Service organizations in the key markets so they are able to sell and perform Service on the applicable product against targets
- Independently identify improvement opportunities, provide consultative advice within specific functional areas and support initiatives to improve the processes and Way of Working
- Builds actively networks with key contacts in- and outside Philips to keep abreast of new developments/insights
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree - previous education or experience in Marketing and Business Administration is a plus
- 10+ years of related experience or Master's degree with 5+ years of related experience in service innovation
- Experience in medical devices industry is a plus
- Project management skills and experience (planning, monitoring, escalation etc.)
- Experience with working in a development environment and understanding of the development and product creation processes
- Basic understanding of technical principles of applicable systems/components
- Team player with good communication skills and ability to influence others
- Demonstrated partnership qualities and experience working collaboratively in matrix organizations
- Experience leading cross-functional management meetings and management updates
You are part of
A company comprised of the best and brightest people working to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2030. A culture of diverse people and ideas who believe there's always a way to make life better. A greater purpose that means we come to work thinking about what we can to do to help prevent, diagnose and treat life's most threatening diseases, solve the most challenging issues facing health systems, and find new ways to bring access to care to those who need it most.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips - develop strong partnerships across Procurement, Head of Manufacturing, Q&R, Business Unit's, and Group Functions on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top