Senior Service Designer
Senior Service Designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to work on the latest healthcare innovations. Within the design innovation team, we work with multidisciplinary teams between research, marketing, engineering, operations and design. As a Senior Service Designer, you will support the planning, execution and communication of service design. You work as part of a global multi-disciplinary team to help stimulate the creative process with people-centered insight, ideas and input
You are responsible for:
Understanding people and healthcare context
- You use appropriate and effective research skills to increase domain knowledge and to inform meaningful and innovative solutions.
- You help to analyze required information to form a relevant understanding of context (domain, business, market, emerging contexts, related trends, target groups, etc.) and define and articulate relevant insights.
- You help to create surprising and relevant scenarios/ themes/ concepts/visions that explore potential or articulate a holistic brand experience, based on contextual understanding
- Collaboratively develop service blueprints that integrate user needs analysis (i. e. experience flows), multiple touch points and back-end service delivery systems, processes and capabilities
- Build prototypes that communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level
- Collaborate with business partners, interaction designers, product designers, and communication designers to design internal systems and processes, to manage and deliver multiple services.
- Collaborate with team members and suppliers via the most appropriate communication/influencing style.
- Build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal teams and direct business contacts in the adoption of a human-centered approach to designing, building, and delivering services.
- Develop stakeholder relationships and build networks to achieve short- and long-term goals.
Our design team that is the heart of Philips, shaping the way people experience our brand, products and services. In fact, everything you see from Philips has been designed. As proud custodians of the Philips brand, we make sure design is always the starting point for innovations. At Philips Design, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Service, Interaction, or related design field.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the design field.
- A good understanding of development processes.
- You may have won award(s) or hold IP.
- A strong ability to help visually simplify complex sets of data/situations.
- Passionate about innovation.
- An affection with healthcare and personal health.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Strong understanding of the value of design and brand.
- Leadership skills. The ability to lead and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision and planning.
- Ability to relate to individuals and mentor designers.
- Ability to champion the use of service design across the organization.
- Ability to choose the right approach towards projects, and also provide creative direction on project execution.
As a Senior Service Designer, you will be responsible for identifying the most attractive market opportunities for Philips to pursue and provide key support in the evaluation of new product and business opportunities globally. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top