Senior Research Scientist - Cardiology Informatics
Senior Research Scientist - Cardiology Informatics
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Bring your knowledge, experience and leadership in the healthcare informatics research area and your passion for changing lives to develop cutting edge solutions in support of healthcare on a global level. The role of Senior Scientist - Cardiology Informatics can be your next career challenge!
You are responsible for
- Expansion of our Clinical Informatics department, to support clinical decision making, streamline clinical workflows, optimize operational and financial outcomes, and ultimately improve patient care.
- Drive data-driven service innovation in areas of diagnostic cardiology, interventional cardiology, and/or population health management.
- Analyze operational, clinical, and social and behavioral data collected in the cardiology care continuum, extract meaningful and actionable insights, visualize and present pertinent information to support clinical decision making, and demonstrate health-economic values of our innovations.
- Contribute to both technology creation and business (model) creation.
- Leverage technical skills and clinical understandings to address real-world clinical problems, and demonstrate true values to patient care and healthcare systems.
- Interact with clinical customers to understand major technical, clinical and business trends, identify unmet needs, develop innovative clinical prototypes, design and execute clinical studies, and publish technical and clinical results.
- Partner with business units of Philips Healthcare to deliver innovations in a timely and high-quality manner to markets.
- Contribute to the healthcare informatics strategy in the domains of cardiology informatics and population healthcare, balancing short-term and long-term clinical and market needs and technical possibilities.
- Establish and lead collaborations with scientific institutions and academic organizations to pursue long-team innovation objectives.
You are a part of
Philips is recognized as a pioneer and leader in the healthcare industry. We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle - patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system and providers. Philips delivers advanced solutions to health professionals to meet the needs of patients, and to empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Proven expertise in developing and deploying healthcare informatics technologies in real-world clinical situations (cardiology, radiology, and/or population healthcare).
- Ph.D. or equivalent in computer science, electronic engineering, healthcare economics or related quantitative fields.
- 3+ years of industrial research experience on healthcare data analytics (clinical data, claim data, physician quality reports, and operational data) with a record of accomplishment of scientific achievements (first-author publications) and commercial successes.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of predictive modeling with large and complex healthcare datasets using data analytics (machine learning, pattern recognition, optimization, predictive modelling), and visualization tools (R, Python, MATLAB, Tableau, AWS, etc.)
- Solid knowledge on cardiology, radiology, oncology, or population health management.
- Solid knowledge on healthcare information systems, standards, interoperability, accreditations, quality assurance, care programs in various settings (hospitals, integrated delivery networks, etc.)
- Teamwork. Effective in a large matrix organization to achieve strategic objectives and deliver impactful innovation to business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with different stakeholders (including clinicians, business R&D managers, marketing managers).
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to work with one of the strongest research labs in the world and deliver solutions will have a direct impact on patient care. You will be part of flexible team of highly skilled professionals that are able to find a great work-life balance. Just think the solutions you develop will give a better balance to the healthcare professionals and patients they are treating.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top