Senior Reliability Engineer
Senior Reliability Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage large reliability programs spanning across the entire product development life cycle of medical and consumer products.
You are responsible for
- Work with product engineering to develop reliability requirements, establish a reliability program and perform appropriate analyses to ensure that new medical and consumer products meet all appropriate requirements.
- Develop a reliability plan that documents tasks, methods, tools, tests and analyses required to ensure products are safe and reliable.
- Participate in preparing schedules and work estimates for reliability activities.
- Perform Design FMEAs on all new products and recommend design changes to improve product reliability.
- Participate in product design reviews during new product development to ensure robustness of product design and manufacturing processes.
- Perform statistical data analysis, regression modeling, Weibull Analysis, hazard analysis, reliability growth assessment and prediction, and warranty trend analysis.
- Post product launch, monitor field performance and if problems arise, work on failure root cause analysis, corrective action development and resolution verification.
- Conduct training on quality and reliability engineering concepts in the organization.
You are a part of
This position resides in the Sleep & Respiratory Care Business Group, a business group of Philips HealthTech. We are highly dynamic, ambitious and agile within a fast changing industry.
Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our clinical and consumer customers to transform the personalized healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic conditions and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers and patients through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
This role will initially be based in our Murrysville office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site in Bakery Square , one of the premier locations in Pittsburgh. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be the Sleep & Respiratory Center of Excellence. The new office is set to open in late 2020.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors in Reliability Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical or Software Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience in a regulated industry (preferably medical)
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer
- Experience in reliability modeling, statistical analysis, warranty analysis, HALT, ALT, transfer functions, dFMEA, and fault tree analysis.
- Experience using Weibull++, Minitab, and SAP.
- Experience working in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Effective multi-tasking and decision making skills
In return, we offer you
We are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation at Philips Respironics is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep, oxygen, and ventilation products. This tradition of innovation combined with our ability to anticipate market needs has made Philips Respironics a global leader in the markets we serve. You will have the ability to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jen D.Campaign Manager
Jen oversees the creation and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns in an effort to support Philips’ agents in the field.
Back to top