Senior Quality Engineer
Senior Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will have the opportunity to provide engineering leadership on a daily basis by developing, establishing and maintaining quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices which meet world class standards. Among other tasks you will investigate non-conforming events and product failures to drive product/process improvements with the objective of compliance safety and high customer satisfaction. Serve as a multi-functional team leader for quality improvement teams assuring commitments and objectives are achieved with positive results.
You are responsible for
- Must be able to interface well with others, especially Manufacturing Engineering and R&D Engineering.
- Provide coordination and guidance to cross functional teams to ensure product quality objectives are met.
- Ensure Risk Management is effective utilizing feedback from validation, field service, post market surveillance, manufacturing indicators, CAPAs, HHAs, etc. Experience with ISO 14971, Risk Management for medical devices.
- Develop, implement and monitor quality metrics. Communicate status and progress.
- Assure compliance with Philips IGT procedures and applicable standards/ regulations (i.e. QSR, ISO, GMP, etc)
- Develops systems for monitoring manufacturing quality. Recommends and assists, as necessary, in the implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
- Lead problem-solving teams through root cause investigations and failure analysis to implementation and final verification.
- Lead and support Health Hazard Analysis (HHAs) to ensure risk assessment and root cause analysis are consistent across products and systems.
- Lead and support complaint management activities.
- Develop validation strategies so that all appropriate requirements are being met from planning, protocol definition, leading execution of protocol, analyzing and reporting results and defining procedures and training requirements, completing report and gaining approval to close.
- Participate in the development and results analysis of validation plans (IQ/OQ/PQ) and test protocols to qualify and validate existing and new product designs and processes. Includes the use of various statistical techniques and quality tools.
- Experienced with statistical techniques, including design of experiments (DOE); able to analyze results.
- Lead and support test method validations plans/protocols and reports.
- Support computer system validations for manufacturing and test equipment.
- Determines and recommends sampling plans, equipment requirements, measurement techniques and training requirements that will assure specific quality levels.
- Lead the non-conforming material process and participate in or lead the Materials Review Board.
- Proactively investigates, identifies, and implements best-in-class Quality Engineering practices.
- Experienced in inspection and testing techniques; must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Experienced in Medical Device Design controls. Support defining Design inputs, outputs, specifications, acceptable quality levels and write/review Design verification plans/protocols and reports.
- New product development experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Device QSR and ISO 13485.
- May supervise a junior Engineer, technician or intern, as necessary.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum of 8 years as an Engineer in the related field or a combination of equivalent education and relevant experience.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Process Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, or related technical discipline, preferred.
- Solid experience in Risk Management for medical devices ISO 14971desired
- Application and leading problem-solving, root cause analysis and related Corrective and Preventive Action
- Regulated industry experience required
- Statistical analysis (Minitab), JMP software required
- Proficient in the use of various measuring tools and troubleshooting equipment
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top