Senior Product Researcher : Oral Healthcare
Job TitleSenior Product Researcher : Oral Healthcare
Sr. Product Researcher
You represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to consumers’ lives. Based on deep consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that delight consumers, working closely together with Marketing and Development.
The Product Researcher works in product development projects, in your specific case, projects for oral health care, with a focus on digital innovations and connected product data analytics. You work as a business partner to scope the project definition and objective particularly concerning Insights, Benefits, RTBs and Claims Areas. You collaborate with Consumer Marketing and Market Intelligence to translate the general needs of market segments into consumer insights. You lead the search for and validation of consumer insights in the area of global Oral Healthcare unmet needs – using all appropriate (data analytics, desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods. For these Insights, you collaborate with the project team to identify and validate the detailed consumer needs and drivers for satisfaction. You contribute to the definition of product options based on in-depth understanding of these consumer needs. You translate sharply defined insights into clear technical product deliverables – going beyond reliance on pure data and information toward a pragmatic / sensing approach in expressing consumer needs. You validate whether the end-product meets the consumer needs and insight and check that these are executed according to regulatory (FDA) guidelines.
Philips Consumer Lifestyle is one of three market-driven sectors within Royal Philips Electronics, delivering lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You. We aim to develop innovations that make a meaningful difference to people’s lives. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Oral Healthcare is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Health and Wellness sector in Health Tech. It focuses on the development of medical and non-medical lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. Oral Healthcare is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas, and increasingly digital innovations and services, to the global market.
A key department in this site is the “Product Research Center (PRC)”. The PRC represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight consumers better than competition and live up to Philips’ brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of PRC spans from Insight generation / concept development to market launch data analytics and forms a main link between I&D and the business. You will work in a team of Product Researchers and Consumer Care experience managers.
We are looking for:
- Master degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering) AND relevant experience in Consumer Research and / or Marketing (required)
- OR Master degree (in Social Sciences or Market Research) AND relevant experience in Technology businesses as part of a product development team (required)
- At least 5 years of experience in Consumer Research and/or Marketing, preferably in a global and multi-disciplinary setting (required)
- A proven track record in UX (User Experience) research and usability testing of digital innovations and services. You have applied a range of research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each. (required)
- Experience extracting meaning insights and making product recommendations from broad sets of usability data analytics
- Technical understanding combined with consumer mindset to be able to see the link between technology and consumers (required)
- Experience in consumer research methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics (required)
- In-depth understanding of the drivers of ‘consumer delight’ to support the development of the sub-category roadmaps (required)
- Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection (required)
- Passionate about creating digital innovations and services that truly address consumer needs and delight our consumers. (required)
- Conceptual, data/details driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on (required)
- A strong team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes (required).
- Courageous and smart thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
- Open to travel to within North America, Asia or Europe for research or meetings.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top