Senior Procurement Engineer
Senior Procurement Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Be a part of the dynamic Procurement team and represent Procurement in our Oral Healthcare Business. You work in engaging and impactful projects to bring new products to market and to deliver cost savings. You lead DfX conventions.
Do you have a sound technical background and business insight? Are you skilled in interacting with international development centers and suppliers? If you recognize yourself in the challenges and know you can contribute on this journey then apply now as a Procurement Engineer in our fast growing B2C & B2B Oral Health Care business!
You are responsible for
- Represent Procurement and drive impactful product creation projects.
- Organize early supplier involvement with a Design for excellence (DfX) mindset and you make use of approaches like co-design or cost-reduction workshops.
- Prepare Request for Quotations and project contracts including specs and project requirements with suppliers. Ensure procurement related risks (cost, quality and availability) are controlled and mitigated, by bringing the relevant procurement colleagues in to the equation.
- Driving cost downs activities.
- Identify strategic cost reduction opportunities for existing as well as products in development. In new product development you drive savings in close cooperation with Marketing, Quality, SCM Development & Commodity Management.
- Deliver a significant contribution to business cases and product roadmaps. To enable this, you understand cost drivers and the power of standardization.
- Lead or participate in DfX projects driving business decisions in a convention based forum.
To succeed in this position, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Professional with a 5+ years consistent track record
- Has experience in DfX, Value Engineering, LEAN or Six Sigma
- Experience in working across New Product Introduction Process
- Guide in initiating and driving cost down projects
- Knowledge leader regarding costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO) in projects.
- An outstanding teammate who is both dedicated and cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and challenges constructively
- Can think strategically and is at the same time hands-on. Delivers results.
- Understands and is able to challenge blue prints and specifications
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams is preferred
- Prepared to travel up to 10% of the time
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top