Senior Procurement Engineer
Senior Procurement Engineer
Senior Procurement Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
You are responsible for
- Drive concept savings in new product development in close cooperation with Marketing, Quality, SCM and development
- Represents and drives procurement involvement in early supplier involvement
- Leads or coordinates in Design for Excellence (DfX) conventions
- Owns the product cost (cBoM) and manages changes
- Represent procurement on the core team for New Product Introduction projects
- Manage request for quotes (RfQ) process based on the Forward Procurement List
- Drives the Supplier Selection Process together with the Commodity Teams
- Ensures that the supplier related risks (cost, quality, availability) are controlled and mitigated
- Supports the Supplier Quality Manager in new supplier component release process as part of the
- Advanced Product Quality Plan (APQP), including compliance and sustainability aspects
- Aligns project teams with technology roadmaps
- Coordinates inputs and decision for make or buy analysis outcome
- Supports the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up)
- Works with Commodity Teams on supply base characteristics based on business requirements
- Execute and support phase in - phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction
- Lead the implementation of the cost reduction strategy focused on the product life cycle, from new product design to products released for production, by facilitating cost down opportunities
- Identify strategic cost reduction opportunities in the product portfolio and during the new product design process delivering a significant contribution to design decision making and product roadmaps
- Support the negotiation teams with conceptual and fact-based information and opportunities to drive significant structural cost reduction improvement
- Drive the deployment of early supplier involvement through design-in or cost-reduction workshops
- Develop and deploy common approaches to target costing and tracking for the assigned product/category
- Lead the development of an effective set of cost models to track "target cost" status for assigned product/category, support deployment of cost awareness to design engineers
- Work on CAPA teams to resolve supplier related issues for procurement engineering
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the necessary skills and be intrinsically motivated on supplier quality topics The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- BS Engineering degree and minimum of 7+ years industry experience in manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems/products/solutions for the medical, aerospace or automotive industries
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes for commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies, power supplies, cables, custom battery packs, mechanical parts (plastics, machined, sheet metal) and cables
- Experience with all aspects of quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, MSA, GRR, 8D), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures
- Knowledge & understanding of the Procurement function and associated commodity, supply base, quality and data management considerations
- Effective communicator Able to work effectively with global, cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience in a regulated environment, medical preferred
- Six-sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Optional
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are:
- Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to manage change
Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies
- Fluent in English
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top