Senior Mechanical Ventilation Scientist
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Bring your experience and knowledge to Philips Research North America and join our journey of furthering the state of the art for advanced respiratory therapy devices. You will participate in teams chartered with creating, implementing, testing, and validating innovative solutions for improving respiratory care in terms of patient outcome and patient comfort. Your mechanical engineering skills and expertise in mechanical ventilation and ventilators, along with your knowledge of respiratory physiology and computer simulation, will help Philips businesses create differentiating mechanical ventilation products that benefit both patients and care providers. You will participate in collaborative relationships with business partners, respiratory care experts, clinical institutions, academia, and governmental resources.
You are responsible for
- Interacting with clinicians to assess patient and respiratory care provider needs
- Interacting with Philips business stakeholders to assess business needs
- Proposing, designing, implementing, testing and validating mechanical ventilation related algorithms and systems and computer simulations thereof
- Leading and providing vision for a team of scientists
- Creating intellectual property
- Writing scientific publications and presenting at scientific conferences
- Writing technical documentation
At Philips, we are driven to deliver cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Our research and business provide unique opportunities to develop cutting-edge clinical solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space. Philips delivers advanced solutions to health professionals to meet the needs of patients, and to empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in the hospital or at home.
We work in multidisciplinary teams. Philips Research has been one of the world's premier research labs since 1914. We develop scientific, engineering and business innovations to enhance health and well-being.
For more information about Philips Research, please visit: www.research.philips.com
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of related job experience beyond education
- Demonstrated skills and experience with Mechanical Engineering and Respiratory physiology
- Must understand the fundamentals of mechanical ventilators and hospital respiratory care
- Self-motivated and skillful in problem-solving
- Excited about hands-on design of experimentation with hardware and software
- Developing, testing, and using experimental physical setups (including data acquisition), computer simulations in Matlab/Simulink, and software applications in Python
- Modeling, simulating, and analyzing (e.g. physiological) systems
- Basic software engineering techniques (version control, ...)
- Leading a team of scientists
- Creating intellectual property, creating research proposals, publishing scientific papers, and grant writing
- Working with multidisciplinary, cross-cultural teams
A dynamic environment with opportunities to contribute to numerous innovation topics and application areas in relation to healthcare solutions and services. You have the opportunity to grow and contribute to the growth of your team.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.