Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Your challenge :
We challenge you to support the Philips' Medical Consumables and Sensors Business Innovation Unit (MCS BIU) as a Senior Mechanical Engineer. Someone who can provide mechanical leadership across all aspects of products from advanced development to troubleshooting of issues in the field. This person must have experience with worldwide medical device regulations and standards. This person will perform detailed design of mechatronic assemblies, as well as generating and managing component level requirements. The MR Patient Care Business identifies and meets customer and market needs by designing, developing, and distributing specialized MRI compatible solutions, consumables and sensors.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a member of the Product Development staff and be involved in the design, development, and maintenance of new and existing MRI compatible products. Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the Mechanical design of existing and future generations of MR Patient Care products.
• Act as mechanical lead to review and provide oversight of R&D activities (i.e. internal and external support) developing products for the MRI.
• Oversee compliance and V&V activities, including offsite test management.
• Lead design reviews, FMEA analyses, and other DfX related activities.
• Review and ensure adequacy of supplier qualification activities.
• Analyze field issues using methodical problem solving techniques and provide solutions where required.
• Actively participate on cross-functional/cross-business project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative, best-in-class designs.
• Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering.
• 8 + years of engineering design experience.
• Experienced in designing mobile and portable electronic enclosures.
• Familiarity with Current ISO standards family that apply to medical devices.
• Ability to interface with internal stakeholders and be effective at managing suppliers.
• Experienced in design of die castings, injection moldings, machining's and sheet metal.
• Experience in using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs to analyze designs for dynamic stress analysis.
• Experience in using 3D Parametric tools (Creo, Solidworks, etc.).
• Knowledgeable of ASME Y14.100 Design Guidelines.
• Proficient in Geometric, Design and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles.
• Experience with design reviews based on failure modes (DFMEA).
• Experienced in FEA Analysis (Structural, Thermal, Fluid)
• Experience with requirements deconstruction from subassemblies to components.
• Experienced in rapid prototyping techniques
• Class 2 or Class 3 medical device development experience.
• Understanding of global regulatory requirements for medical devices.
• LEAN/Six Sigma certification or experience.
• Familiarity with risk management through a full product development cycle from requirements to validation.
• Experience with DOORS requirement management tool and Creo 3.0.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top