Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
You are part of:
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle - patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
Some product highlights: 256-slice Brilliance iCT scanner, integrated Cath lab, Avalon FM 20 & FM 30 fetal monitors, Ambient Experience MR and CT systems, Philips Lifeline's personal emergency alert service, Live 3D Ultrasound Imaging Transducers and Systems.
Work in an exciting new area and push the boundaries of diagnostic and interventional guidance by developing state of the art 3D capable ultrasound transducers.
Design, develop and improve current and future generation of ultrasound transducer products. Primarily mechanical engineering of high element count ultrasound transducers to meet performance, reliability, yield, cost and delivery targets. Contribute as a technical leader in a dynamic cross discipline transducer product development team.
- Bachelor of Science degree required, Masters of Science preferred, with a concentration in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years' experience.
- Mechanical Engineering design experience in new product development environment.
- CAD modeling experience (Solid Works preferred).
- Experience and interest in design for manufacturability/reliability.
- Effective judgment with active, intuitive listening skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- A self-starter, highly motivated with good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with customers and effective at managing vendors.
- Technical leadership of small interdisciplinary teams.
- Responsible for management and coordination of build of prototype transducer assemblies to meet program milestones.
- Management of parts organization in Solid Works and EPDM.
- Budgeting and scheduling of pre-production build cycles, management of external suppliers to meet prototype build milestones.
- Ownership and management of multiple mechanical assemblies containing 100+ parts.
- Lifecycle/Continuous product improvement experience.
- Medical device design experience; working in a regulated industry.
- Working knowledge of DFSS and Lean Product Development methodologies.
In return, we offer you:
To advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Why should you join Philips?:
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top