Senior Market Procurement Manager
Job TitleSenior Market Procurement Manager
Indirect Materials & Services Generalist and Commodity Leader NAM
As a member of the Market Procurement team focused on Indirect Materials & Services, you will be providing leadership and expertise to ensure qualitative, on-time and competitive services or products are delivered, maximizing the leverage and revenue for Philips, so the organization can benefit from economies of scale in spend management, while ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery.
You will be driving the development of demand side relationships, realization of our global commodity strategies and leading initiatives geared to address and reduce total costs ensuring the best possible solution in the applicable region or area. By knowing your stakeholder needs and capabilities of your supply base, you will be bringing innovations to the Philips business and its customers. The Market Procurement team gives input to and deploys relevant parts of the commodity strategy, anticipating on the needs and requirements of the business.
- Take ownership of stakeholder relationship building and implementation of defined commodity strategies within the Market, bring it to the next level of professionalism
- Identifies areas for improvement and challenges partners to secure lowest TCO in our business activities through professional supplier portfolio development and management.
- Leadership of improvement programs, special projects and other initiatives driving structural improvements as individual contributor or leader of small teams
- Provide expert advices and input to peers and junior team members on complex procurement challenges.
- Ensure that cost, flexibility, quality, delivery and long-term assurance of supply objectives with the assigned commodities supply base are established and achieved, all in line with QMS compliancy requirements.
- Take the lead in securing supplier relationships, supplier negotiations, supplier contracts & supplier performance measurement feedback programs (with BRM meetings)
- Take the lead in harvesting supplier driven innovation and process improvement which offers a competitive advantage to our stakeholders
- Ownership and leadership in identification, cultivation and harvesting of procurement savings, compliant with our calculation methodologies
- Provide and drive a pro-active approach towards continuous improvement and change in the organization to secure our Procurement TCO objectives.
We are looking for
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering or related field
- Background in supply chain or related practices
- Continues Improvement experience is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in the Purchasing/Procurement field; a preferred focus on Indirect materials & services with a minimum of 3 years of commodity management experience.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across functions and organizations, especially with functional leaders and senior business management.
- Strong and effective communicator, capable of interfacing with various levels in an organization and strong negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills and consultative selling acumen are important characteristics.
Position can be based out of Andover, MA or Bothell, WA . 25% Travel potential, primarily domestic. Occasional international.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top