Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job TitleSenior Manufacturing Engineer
Are you a manufacturing engineer in the San Diego area? In this role you will transition medical or industrial products from development engineering to all phases of the lifecycle process: Beta, Pilot, and Production. Develops and executes equipment and process on IQ, OQ and PQ plans. You will determine process yield, cycle time and capacity. Establishes process controls in the form of standards, operating parameters and/or SPC. You will provide solutions to improve yields, reduce product and component costs, increase capacity, decrease cycle time and reduce labor. You will also provide clear process SOPs (WIs) and training support to implement in production.
In this role, as Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Good understanding of product functionality and the manufacturing process for at least one product line.
- Monitoring and improving line yields, cycle time and resolve production issues.
- Initiating and performing process and equipment validations and qualifications.
- Investigating new suppliers to develop new material or equipment needs.
- Executing the activities defined in project.
- Sound knowledge of cost analysis. May assist in preparation of cost analysis for specific projects of new product expenditures. Adheres to finalized budgets.
- Supporting internal audit processes including questions from auditors, pulling records, and driving operational logistics.
- Investigating and supporting action plans in FMEA and root cause analysis.
- Performing as team member on cross functional teams.
- Supporting specific steps on the review of new product technology including existing or needed tooling and processes.
- Demonstrating good judgment interacting with other Mfg. Engineers, Technicians, and cross-functional teams.
- Safety consideration for material usage, process.
- Initiating CAPA, CIP and other internal projects and NCRs.
- Working on small projects under the supervision of a senior ME. Project size is dependent upon financial, quality, yield, and throughput.
- Developing professional with a strong understanding of technical components including equipment, concepts and procedures; resolves issues within defined practices and procedures. (Discipline, Domain Specific).
- Working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data require a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determined appropriate action. Builds productive working relationships.
- Normally receives general instruction on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Providing guidance and training to production operators during the implementation process.
- Demonstrating organizational and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional, regulated environment.
Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs over 70,000+ employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
We Are Looking For:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in ME, EE, IE, OE, BME, or other relevant field with 2+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project) to create schedules, presentations, graphs and charts. SPC software, CAD (Drawings understanding )
- Proficiency with additional software packages as required.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top