Senior Manager - Risk Management
- Cambridge, MA
Senior Manager - Risk Management
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide support to our Operational Reporting Units (ORU's) ensuring that the day to day administration and operation of the risk & insurance management activities are performed timely and accurately. You will be responsible for providing underwriting data, contract management & analysis, business travel accident, workers' compensation, marine cargo, surety, auto, cyber, professional liability and product liability claims management. You will have input and interaction with internal and external stakeholders supporting the Director of Risk Management in the operational management of a multi-million dollar budget and allocation process.
You are responsible for
- Securing annual renewals of Philips self-insurance status in those states where we are granted direct pay privileges.
- Overseeing manage the numerous third party claim administrators, the related claim and administrative aspects of each program.
- Providing timely and accurate payroll and claim data as required by each individual states reporting requirements.
- Providing accurate and timely renewal exposure data to the broker for annual insurance renewals, such as data of payroll, fleet, sales and job classification details.
- Conducting annual premium audits in conjunction with insurance carrier auditors.
- Administering the issuance of surety bond needs for all divisions
- Administering the certificate of insurance needs for all divisions.
- Working with corporate treasury to administer the insurance letter of credit needs
- Preparing annual insurance budgets.
- Assisting Director of Risk Management in reviewing and maintaining local US insurance policies.
- Assisting the Director of Risk Management with the operation of the insurance captive.
You are a part of
The Risk and Insurance Management team, which is part of Corporate Treasury and Corporate Finance. We support all departments in North America. We are responsible for day-to-day operational management ensuring there is no gap in the risk management program that can impact the corporate assets.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance risk management, broker or related activities.
- A goal oriented mindset with team building capabilities.
- Working knowledge of insurance policy coverage, forms and insurance filings.
- Knowledge of insurance contracts and standard indemnity language
- Critical thinking and analytic capabilities.
- Experience working in a successful team environment servicing internal or external customers.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working and dependent on others to achieve effective results.
- Technology skills with an advanced working knowledge of MS Office.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. You will play an important role in securing best in class and innovative insurance & risk management solutions in line with our evolving risk profile.
You will be part of a global team of professionals dealing with complex projects facilitating the business in its growth opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top