Senior Manager Marketing Insights & ROI
Job TitleSenior Manager Marketing Insights & ROI
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our marketing spend, by making our marketing decisions more fact based. You will work together with the global Marketing Return on Investment team in Amsterdam.
You are responsible for
Transforming Royal Philips into a data driven marketing company. To achieve this we use several Marketing ROI methodologies, focused on both digital marketing and traditional marketing.
We collaborate with a broad global community of stakeholders including local market organizations, business groups, central functions and external agencies. Your challenge will be to improve the Marketing ROI ways of working, to embed it across markets and business groups globally and to measure and communicate the impact and the learnings.
- Improving the Marketing ROI ways of working and defining new elements. The current Marketing ROI methodologies being used are:
- DROI (Digital Return On Investment): Optimizing digital campaigns during the campaign, across channels, based on weekly analyses of digital performance.
- MMM (Marketing Mix Modelling): Econometric regression modelling, estimating sales impact and ROI of marketing elements. Recommending optimal media mix.
- RCQ (Reach Cost Quality): Defining optimal budget allocation across marketing channels based on reach, cost and quality of each channel.
- CROI (Campaign ROI): Pre- and Post-evaluation of ROI of major campaigns.
- The main focus is on the B2C business, but this year we will expand to B2B as well.
- Embedding the Marketing ROI ways of working across markets and business groups globally
- Being the main Marketing ROI point of contact for approximately half of Philips markets and business groups. Understanding their needs and providing expertise on Marketing ROI topics.
- Coaching central and local teams on available Marketing ROI tools. Onboarding and training new colleagues involved in Marketing ROI around the globe.
- Aligning projects with local teams, supporting with usage of the tools, coordination of data collection, structuring the models, checking quality of modelling, organizing workshops to discuss the outcomes, tracking implementation of the learnings.
- Measuring and communicating the impact and the learnings of the Marketing ROI activities
- Defining and calculating Marketing ROI KPIs and reporting them on regular basis.
- Doing analyses and sharing key insights, learnings and best practices via visualizations and presentations.
- Creating updates for Steerco on Executive Committee level to inform them about progress.
You are a part of
You will be part of Group Digital, in the Philips global headquarters in the Netherlands. You will work in a dynamic, international and energetic team that is dedicated to transforming Philips globally into a world-class digital organization, in close collaboration with our businesses and markets. Within the Group Digital team you will work in the Digital Analytics and Marketing ROI team which enables data driven marketing. You will work in a team together with another Marketing ROI Coach and three Digital Marketing ROI professionals. Further, you will collaborate with a wide network of stakeholders including local market organizations, business groups, central functions and external agencies. You will report to the Global Head of Digital Analytics and Marketing ROI, on Director level.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Master's degree in: Econometrics, Marketing, Business, Management Sciences, Economics, Business Analytics or related field of study
- Around 7 – 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience and excellent understanding of both digital and traditional marketing. Preferably experience in both B2C and B2B. Good business acumen and good understanding of marketing KPIs
- Experience in marketing effectiveness / marketing ROI / marketing analytics, such as marketing mix modeling, media mix optimization, digital analytics and campaign analysis
- Strong numerical analytical skills: eye for detail (excel), combined with a conceptual/strategic mind set
- Good organizational skills: manage several projects simultaneously and discern priorities
- Excellent communication skills: able to create clear presentations (PPT), influencing, aligning, informing, challenging several stakeholders (pushback)
- Political sensitivity
- Collaborative team player
- Eager to deliver quality under pressure
- Business fluency in English (written & verbal)
In return, we offer you
A team that enables markets and businesses to deliver insights into consumer behavior and digital performance, which helps to optimize the online and offline customer experience and increase sales.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top