Senior Manager – IoT Innovation Partnerships
Job TitleSenior Manager – IoT Innovation Partnerships
Job DescriptionIn this role, you have the opportunity to
Are you experienced with connected products and passionate about the potential impact of the Internet of Things (IoT) on the lives of billions of people worldwide?
Are you a Business Partner understanding how to assess the gap between the current state of the business and the needs? Translating that into a shortlist of potential external partners who do not only bridge the gap but also enable new business models/monetization schemes around connected products and services?
Are you curious and innovation savvy, always on the lookout for potential partners?
If the answer is "yes", Philips HealthTech might have the opportunity you are looking for.
You are responsible for
Within the Business Development & Connected Value Propositions Team, you will partner with the Personal Health and Medical Businesses in order to augment and enhance their connected product propositions. You will be doing so by delivering digital innovation through external partnerships, spanning technology, connected products, and connected/digital services.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the IoT / connected space across cutting edge technologies, connected products, and digital services;
- Partner with the Product Managers to understand the gaps between the current & desired state of their connected propositions;
- Based on this, drive the scouting of viable new partners, filling those gaps through their offerings and providing new business models and monetization schemes;
- Drive and provide comprehensive insights into those partners by conducting due diligence on product, technology, infrastructure and legal aspects;
- Promote and sell external ideas/technologies to internal stakeholders and support them in aligning those alliances with their strategic business goals;
- Overcome internal and external challenges and evangelize the alliance value at all levels;
- Structure and lead initial conversations around partnership potential;
- Be comfortable in developing executive-level sponsors around those partnerships;
- Negotiate and close well defined business deals (scope & timeline) in collaboration with the innovation arms of Philips (Philips Ventures, Corporate Innovation, Philips Research, Digital Accelerator, etc.);
- Managing overall opportunity and deal flow.
You are part of
The Business Development & Connected Value Propositions Team is part of the Connected Digital Platforms & Propositions (CDP2) Organization, which was formed to guide and lead the transformation of Philips into a HealthTech / IoT company.
Within this organization, the Business Development & Connected Value Propositions Team works closely with the various Business Groups (BGs) at Philips in defining roadmaps and MVPs (Minimal Viable Propositions) for new connected propositions (products & services)
This role reports into the Head of Business Development & Connected Value Propositions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in engineering - preferably with an MBA;
- International work experience – ideally within an international technology setting;
- Strong blend of business and technical savvy with minimum of 5 years of experience as business partner doing open innovation for digital/connected products, solutions and services;
- Good understanding of how consumer & business value can be created through software and data;
- A self-starter needing low level management time and attention to perform day to day responsibilities;
- Strong negotiation skills to work with Philips Senior management and partner peers;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong result / goal-orientation;
- Team player able to operate in matrix environment;
- Strong presentation skills - ability to deliver regular management updates in form of board presentations.
In return we offer you
- A competitive salary package incl. a variable bonus - based on Philips' results and personal performance;
- A holiday allowance of 25 days per year and the option to purchase up to 20 extra days annually;
- An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- A healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top