Senior Manager - Group Strategy
Job TitleSenior Manager - Group Strategy
Are you a highly talented strategist? Are you ready for new challenges? Can you bring together the right balance of problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to turn your thinking into decisions and actions? This is a unique opportunity to drive strategy and growth in a leading HealthTech company. As a Senior Manager in the Strategy team, you will directly support and influence key decisions made by the Philips Executive Committee and senior leaders.
As a Senior Manager in the Strategy team you will:
- Own and drive project work streams or projects, guided by the Strategy management team
- Conduct high quality, meaningful, evidence-based business analyses
- Build and communicate actionable strategy recommendations
- Actively coach and develop junior team members during project
- Contribute to running and improving the Strategy department
The Strategy team works together with Philips Businesses, Markets and other functional teams on high impact projects with a mandate from the Philips Executive Committee. This is a central team that drives deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership for the company.
The Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies, based out of 4 global hubs located in Amsterdam, Boston, Shanghai and Singapore. The Strategy team is a talent pool for future Philips leaders.
An example of a typical project is to identify growth opportunities in the global Clinical Informatics market. In this space, the customer and competitive landscape is evolving rapidly. To address this potential growth, a combined Strategy, Business and Market team mapped the best value creation opportunities for Philips. The team assessed the opportunities across a wide range of geographies and recommended organic and inorganic growth options. As a result, a newly formed Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services business group received full Executive Committee support for an ambitious growth strategy.
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Executive Committee, plus the ability to work in a variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary plus relocation expenses
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive tools to drive your career, like a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
- 25 days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually
We are looking for
A talented Strategy Senior Manager for our hub in Amsterdam with:
- At least 4 years recent experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Roland Berger, etc.) plus an MBA from a top-tier business school
- For non-MBA candidates: at least 5 years recent experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.)
- Alternatively, 6 to 8 years in new business development or strategy with a top-tier international company or 6 to 8 years in a private equity or venture capital firm
- International business experience
- Excellent academic track record
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel (25%)
If the challenge of influencing strategy at Philips appeals to you, please apply online direct, via http://www.philips.com/careers. Choose job field: strategy/ corporate development. Choose location: Netherlands or other preferred location.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top