Senior Manager Group Strategy
Job TitleSenior Manager Group Strategy
In this role you have the opportunity to
join the Strategy team of Philips. Are you a highly talented strategist? Are you ready for new challenges? Can you bring together the right balance of problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to turn your thinking into decisions and actions? This is a unique opportunity to drive strategy and growth in a leading HealthTech company. As a Senior Manager in the Strategy team, you will directly support and influence key decisions made by the Philips Executive Committee and senior leaders.
You are responsible for
As a Senior Manager in the Strategy team you will:
- Own and drive project work streams or projects, guided by the Strategy management team;
- Conduct high quality, meaningful, evidence-based business analyses;
- Build and communicate actionable strategy recommendations;
- Actively coach and develop junior team members during project;
- Contribute to running and improving the Strategy department.
You are part of
The Strategy team works together with Philips Businesses, Markets and other functional teams on high impact projects with a mandate from the Philips Executive Committee. This is a central team that drives deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership for the company.
The Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies, based out of 4 global hubs located in Amsterdam, Boston, Shanghai and Singapore. The Strategy team is a talent pool for future Philips leaders.
An example of a typical project is to identify growth opportunities in the global Clinical Informatics market. In this space, the customer and competitive landscape is evolving rapidly. To address this potential growth, a combined Strategy, Business and Market team mapped the best value creation opportunities for Philips. The team assessed the opportunities across a wide range of geographies and recommended organic and inorganic growth options. As a result, a newly formed Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services business group received full Executive Committee support for an ambitious growth strategy.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
A talented Strategy Senior Manager for our hub in Amsterdam with:
- At least 4 years recent experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Roland Berger, etc.) plus an MBA from a top-tier business school;
- For non-MBA candidates: at least 5 years recent experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.);
- Alternatively, 6 to 8 years in new business development or strategy with a top-tier international company or 6 to 8 years in a private equity or venture capital firm;
- International business experience;
- Excellent academic track record;
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel (25%).
In return, we offer you
the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Executive Committee, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary plus relocation expenses
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annual.
Within Philips, the Strategy team is a proven landing spot for strategy consultants, and a stepping stone for future leaders. There is the opportunity to develop further within the strategy career track, but many predecessors have successfully moved into other areas of business – from general management to marketing. Projects form the ideal opportunity for members of the Strategy team to get to know the business better and vice versa.
The position is based in Amsterdam - A city consistently ranked in the top 15 in the world for Quality of Living, Startups and Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Top City to Work In. Learn more about living and working in the Netherlands: http://www.relocationguide.philips.nl/
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Systems Engineer—Seattle, WA
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top