Senior Interaction Designer
Senior Interaction Designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the Senior Interaction Designer and Design Lead for Radiology Solutions you are responsible for defining the user experience for the Radiology Solutions software portfolio: establishing a harmonized user experiences across a suite of data analytics products and services.
You are responsible for
- Leading interaction design efforts. Working in conjunction with engineering and marketing leaders to understand user needs and business requirements. Create frameworks and interaction concepts across domains to inform software and service development.
- Creating a portfolio vision and advocate for how software and services can create new value. Define role of products within a larger solution ecosystem. Establish design principles and guide teams with clarity and accuracy.
- Creating information architectures and workflows to harmonize interactions across a suite of products. Create functional designs for application screens (wireframes and prototypes).
- Applying and defining interface and interaction principles in conjunction with guidance from existing design language documentation. Define and apply usability principles specific to the contexts of use.
- Creating experiences, prototypes and demos that together create a great experience in alignment with the Philips brand and design language. Use appropriate skills (sketching, prototyping and specification) to define and communicate interaction concepts to marketing, software development, and customers.
- Identification of opportunities and constraints inherent in technology and platform decisions and ability to illuminate the impact of technology choices on user experience and product quality. Work directly with software architects and engineers to articulate the impact of technology choices on user experience and ensure successful implementation of design intent.
You are a part of
Our design team that is the heart of Philips, shaping the way people experience our brand, products and services. As proud custodians of the Philips brand, we make sure design is always the starting point for innovations. At Philips Design, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Service Design or Industrial Design.
- You a minimum of 8 years relevant interaction design experience in one or more specific business domains, including leading interaction design efforts.
- You have experience designing for analytics applications and working closely with engineering teams to bring new software to market.
- You are passionate about innovation, interaction design and overall user experience - including service experience.
- You have a strong aesthetic and visual sensitivity.
- Experience in using the following tools: Sketch, Axure and other Prototyping tools (eg. Flinto), Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office tools.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
In return, we offer you
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you can help explore and propose solutions to complex design problems and design the best way to visualize data to make it meaningful and useful. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top