Senior Innovation SW Engineer
Senior Innovation SW Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Be part of a team built to focus on emerging and innovative needs, directly reporting into the CTO office. This team focuses on new product development where you will collaborate with some of the brightest minds at the astounding Informatics juncture of; software, analytics, and user experience to improve and transform patients' lives.
Innovation Engineers deal with intricate POCs around technology and early product development stages (pre-dev). Our team also supports other development teams in solving technology-blocking issues and finding the best technology adoptions!
You are responsible for:
Becoming a senior contributor for hands on development with our integrated cloud informatics software for enhanced patient care.
- Supporting technical leadership by defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Staying close to programming, where you will be writing proven code, supporting design decisions and building scalable software services.
- High level of creativity and freedom when operating in a best-in-class group of engineers.
- Collaborating with other engineers to ensure the adoption of best practices in engineering.
- Work in collaborative environment with user experience design, product managers and software team to deliver proof of concept projects to improve the life of millions of people every day.
- Work with category leaders and product managers, allowing you to build future features improving the lives of millions of people every day, and be proud of it.
The Philips' Enterprise Imaging and Informatics (EI) Business provides a comprehensive solution for medical image storage, enterprise distribution, and enterprise workflow. With you we will be redefining what's possible with this domain's toughest problems.
A tight night group we are love engaging hard problems but are agile enough to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We continually trail blaze new limits with technology and process to push what is feasible on behalf of our customers.
To succeed, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Provide in depth Object Oriented methods with one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Python.
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering (or relevant years of experience); Master's Degree a preferred.
- 7+ years of professional software development with a Modern Object Oriented Programming Language
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered or distributed software applications
- Experience engineering with one of the cloud enabling platforms such as AWS, Azure or similar competitors.
- In-depth data programming (data structures, arrays, matrices) and back-end database dev.
- Proficiency in ground up development including; POC Based work(Proof of Concepts) or Prototype applications.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery Environment, or DevOps responsibilities.
- Building applications with a form of service oriented architecture (IE: Microservices).
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered or distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
In return, we offer you:
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in substantial ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top