Senior Industrial Designer
Senior Industrial Designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to develop design ideas from basic concepts through to fully detailed design solutions. You work as part of a global multi-disciplinary team to create meaningful and innovative solutions. You advise other project members on how best to address the user's needs and create value for all stakeholders.
You are responsible for
- Analyze required information to form a relevant understanding of context (domain, business, market, emerging contexts, related trends, target groups, etc.) and define and articulate relevant insights.
- Create personas, scenarios, themes and concepts that explore different value propositions which build potential business opportunities.
- You use appropriate and effective visual design skills to articulate simplicity across products systems to support business needs.
- You develop and use appropriate visualization skills (sketching, 3D modeling, rendering) to define and communicate product and interaction concepts.
- You create effective and appropriate visual languages by understanding the meaning and effect of these on the brand, audience, market and culture.
- You use appropriate and effective functional design skills to articulate simplicity through function, interaction, manufacture, materials and finish.
- You create functional product concepts that appropriately address the user-context requirements.
- You use effective model making skills to help communicate, develop and test design directions.
- You have a strong understanding of design process and have successfully applied it to multiple projects.
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level.
- Build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal teams and direct business contacts.
- Develop stakeholder relationships and build networks to achieve short- and long-term goals.
You are a part of
The Philips global creative force of some 400+ professionals is located in our Design studios in Europe, North America and Asia. You will be part of an amazing cross disciplinary team that includes product design, interaction design, service design, people research, communication design, and project management. We've recently moved to an inspiring new studio, co-located with key parts of the Sleep & Respiratory Care business, in a vibrant part of Pittsburgh near world class Universities.
Our design team that is the heart of Philips, shaping the way people experience our brand, products and services. In fact, everything you see from Philips has been designed. As proud custodians of the Philips brand, we make sure design is always the starting point for innovations. At Philips Design, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier.
At Philips Design, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier, all of this without destroying the world in which we live. You will be a key part of a team focused on human-centered design and innovation within the Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care portfolio. This is a rare opportunity to truly make a meaningful impact on people's lives with various sleeping and breathing conditions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors degree in Industrial/Product design, ideally with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- A strong passion for design and an original portfolio of diverse creative work that demonstrates that passion.
- Strong problem solver whose thinking is both creative and strategic.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment.
- Exceptional 2D and 3D design skills.
- Comprehend production challenges and work with engineering teams towards production.
- An affection with healthcare and personal health.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Strong understanding of the value of design and brand.
- Ability to relate to individuals and mentor designers.
- Leadership skills. The ability to lead and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision and planning.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top