Senior HHS Engineer
Job TitleSenior HHS Engineer
As the Sr. HSS Engineer your key areas of responsibilities are:
- Drive the Philips Respironics Health & Safety program. Deploy SRC BG and sector targets to site level objectives in cooperation with Director of Operations. Track progress in cooperation with SRC BG Director of HSS
- Own incident investigation and reporting for all HSS accidents for Philips Respironics Kennesaw Location.
- Build and maintain network site HSS managers for competency management, sharing best practices, coaching and training
- Own the Kennesaw sites HSS audit program to identify and eliminate risk
- Own the Kennesaw site compliance for internal and external Environmental Regulations/Requirements, Health & Safety Regulations/Requirements,
- Drive the Philips Respironics green operations agenda. Deploy corporate and BG Targets to site level objectives in cooperation with Heads of Operations. Track progress in cooperation with SRC BG Director of HSS. Provide progress updates to Director of Operations
- Document and maintain HSS procedures as part the One Philips Respironics 14001/18001 in collaboration with SRC HSS Peers
- Participate in Advanced Manufacturing projects on request by Director of Operations or HSS to address must-do requirements pertaining to HSS
- Represent the HSS function as a critical member of the Kennesaw Leadership Team assisting in the coaching and counseling of local Operations, NPD Staff & Contractors as it pertains to HSS Continuous Improvement in the development of
- Work with SRC BG HSS Team in the development and/or revision of Philips Respironics Sustainability policy, strategy, objectives, targets and programs that align with Royal Philips’ requirements
- Keep abreast of all pertinent NAM environmental legislation and standards concerning HSS in operations, provide interpretation and guidance to businesses.
- Responsible for timely submission of ALL Environmental Reports (internal & external)
- Responsible for the overall compliance (Environmental and Health & Safety) of the Kennesaw Site
- Own the Safety Team and align local processes with SRC BG Strategy
- Drive a Safety First Culture through education of colleagues and employee engagement
You will be part of the Kennesaw Operations Leadership Team with a functional reporting line to the Director of HSS.
We offer you a unique opportunity to work on our sustainability Philips Respironics strategy to fully leverage sustainability as an integral part of our overall strategy and an additional driver of growth. You will be surrounded by passionate, insightful colleagues who share your drive to take the lead on sustainability leadership key performance indicators for Philips Respironics.
We are looking for
- Candidate must have Bachelor (or higher) Degree focused on Environmental Health and Safety
- Strong business background: a minimum of 5 years leading HHS responsibilities in an Industrial environment
- Hands-on experience as a successful HSS lead for industrial sites
- Lean manufacturing experience is preferred
- Behavior Based Safety experience is preferred
- Track record with injury reduction strategies and risk mitigation
- A comprehensive understanding of HSS legal requirements, industry HSS practices and standards. You show a strong personal commitment towards safe and environmental sound practices
- Experience in ISO 14001 and/or OHSAS18001 or OSHA VPP.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that support the ability to:
- lead and manage program implementation;
- interact effectively with all levels of management; and
- influence others to achieve desired outcomes and goals
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top