Senior Hardware Reliability Engineer
Senior Hardware Reliability Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
This is a key and critical role within the Andover Standards and Reliability Center (ASRC) Group at Philips Healthcare in Andover, MA. This is an opportunity to be part of a well-seasoned winning team that performs reliability testing for all medical product lines within Philips Andover and North America. The ASRC team plays a very important role in ensuring products designed by Philips are of the highest quality and meet all applicable international standards.
You are responsible for
- Project reliability engineering, providing guidance to all members of the project teams, to ensure products meet the lifetime performance expectations of the product, including verification that appropriate Design for Reliability tools are utilized.
- Develop detailed product test plans, which demonstrate product performance throughout all test phases. Participating in product setup and testing as needed.
- Effectively communicate the status of all testing to the project teams, working with the project teams to resolve failures noted during testing.
- Generate product test reports, which clearly outline test methods and product performance.
- Develop and document HALT testing methodology for all products tested.
- Reliability-engineering experience in Shock and Vibration testing, which includes shock and vibration system programming.
You are a part of
The ASRC Group at Philips Healthcare in Andover, MA is an experienced, winning team that provides product reliability testing services and expertize for all medical product lines within Philips Andover. The reliability engineering team plays a very important role in ensuring products designed by Philips are of the highest quality and comply with national and international standards requirements.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BSEE /MSEE with at least 10 years (or equivalent engineering degrees) experience in product reliability of complex electrical/mechanical products, preferably in the medical industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, interact and influence effectively at technical levels across functions.
- Demonstrated success in leading change for product quality and reliability.
- Demonstrated competence in product reliability tools, statistical sampling, and methodologies
- Highly passionate and positive infectious attitude who strives for high performance and product quality.
- Experience with Class III medical devices preferred.
- Ability to effectively implement continual improvement to increase efficiency and promote simplification while maintaining project schedules.
- ISO 17025 auditor/ experience highly desirable
- Proficient in standard office computer tools: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success in taking designs from concept to production.
- Excellent English skills, written and speaking.
In return, we offer you
Philips offers a rewarding balanced work environment with excellent career growth opportunities. Become part of a team developing meaningful products, which will facilitate both personal and professional growth.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top