Senior Hardware Development Engineer
Job TitleSenior Hardware Development Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Senior Hardware Development Engineer develops new products, using the latest technologies and resources.
This position holder will make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process.
You are responsible for
- Participating in development of electrical modules
- Performing troubleshooting, failure analysis and providing corrective actions
- Designing for reliability and manufacturability
- Rigorously executing tightly regulated development processes
- Developing module requirements, specifications, test plans and other supporting documentation
- Performing schematic entry, supervision of PCB layout, and component selection
- Executing module verification and system integration activities
- Interactively working within multi-functional teams
- Active participation in design reviews
- Providing sustaining and lifecycle design support for the Ultrasound imaging systems
You are a part of
We welcome you to join Philips Ultrasound as a Senior Hardware Development Engineer, Ultrasound Platform Development in our Andover, MA location
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in EE or equivalent
- 5+ years of analog design experience
- Ability to analyze and solve complex system level problems
- Experience in medical or other regulated industry is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of engineering design principles
- Understanding of the HW development processes
- Proven experience with analog and mixed-signal designs
- Strong analog design and analysis skills
- Experience with low noise designs, ADC, DAC, switching power supplies
- Familiarity with best practices for signal integrity and EMC
- Strong background in designs for reliability and manufacturability
- PCB design and implementation skills
- Hands-on debugging experience of analog circuits using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzer, signal generators
- Familiarity with design simulation tools such as SPICE, Matlab, Hyperlynx
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Systems Engineer—Seattle, WA
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top