Senior Global Product Manager
Job TitleSenior Global Product Manager
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
The Senior Global Product Manager is the pivotal marketing role in the Business Innovation Unit (BIU) and drives creation of solutions (integrated combination of products and services) from idea to market. The Senior Global Product Manager is accountable for defining, launching and building profitable products, solutions and platforms that transform healthcare. He/she works directly with R&D and other marketing functions to ensure the products/solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands. The Senior Global Product Manager owns the product lifecycle from concept phase through development, launch and eventually, end of life. The Senior Global Product Manager is required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of global customer needs and competitors, identify global market trends and drivers, and formulate and execute a strategic marketing plan.
- Act as a subject matter expert for domain, with ability to clearly convey key messages to executive stakeholders
- Develop business cases for transformational innovation products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process, and as development proceeds towards commercialization. Includes aptitude for and experience with building and testing business case assumptions and corresponding financial models
- By embracing and using consumer insight and other Voice of the Customer methods, define disruptive solutions that maximize value for customers and for Philips
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the consumers, patients, physicians, payers, and providers worldwide, an in-depth clinical and technical knowledge of all products and services, and a thorough understanding of the global marketplace
- Create and evolve key marketing documents to enable successful alignment (i.e. Idea Brief, Product Strategy Brief, Market Requirements Document, Market Validation Plan, Product Launch Package)
- Obtain global customer requirements and product specifications via market research activities, market analysis, and on-going communication with key internal and external stakeholders
- Be the Voice of the Customer expert within the development team, develop business requirements for new products and solutions; drive alignment of feature/function prioritization to maximize the value proposition
- Guides the project team in the execution phase of the PCP. Drives the market introduction of the new product by owning the Market Introduction Process (MIP) to ensure alignment and best practices for global market introduction planning and execution
- Use agile methods to conduct global in-market commercial experiments, to establish feasibility of value proposition, enable fast iteration, and optimization of business model(s) and operational go to market approach
- Demonstrate superior business acumen and boldness to create/shape markets whenever possible, by leveraging Philips technologies, market positions and brand
- Develop and maintain five-year strategic vision for product roadmap (for internal stakeholders and customers)
At Philips we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep and respiratory solutions. This tradition of innovation, combined with our ability to anticipate market needs, has made Philips a global leader in the markets we serve.
This position resides in the innovation group of Sleep & Respiratory Care, a business group of Philips HealthTech. Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our clinical and consumer customers to transform the personalized healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic consiitons and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers and patients through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business or engineering discipline; MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years in marketing, product management or related field
- Experience in high-tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses, strong preference for experience with consumer medical devices
- Demonstrated leadership in product development (taking products from concept to launch), product management, and project management
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing processes, strategic planning and budgeting
- Ability to network and influence in a global matrix organization
- Globally fluent, and able to function effectively across cultures
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback to drive valuable innovations
- Comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively
- Proven written, verbal and presentation communication skills and ability to convey complex messages to influence colleagues and executive audiences
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and launch targets
- High-tech medical product launch experience, consumer medical device launch experience preferred (clinical experience a nice to have)
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top