Senior Financial Data Scientist
Job TitleSenior Financial Data Scientist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
play a leading role in developing our financial analytics capability further, working with senior finance & business executives identify & develop new opportunities for financial modeling and use these to perform scenario analysis, using Microsoft tools like Excel, Reporting Services & PowerBI to quickly find solutions for tough business challenges.
You are responsible for
- Play a pivotal role in understanding Philips' business challenges and use this to identify & develop new financials models that can be used for consolidating inputs & simulating various scenarios
- Identify required and available data & business logic needed in order to deliver insights;
- Develop and coach financial analysts and junior data scientists to turn analytics into tangible business results
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across Finance and our businesses;
- Comprehend (scientific) publications, translating them into the Philips context.
- Develop set of standard tools for advanced financial simulations
You are a part of
The Finance Advanced Analytics team in the Amsterdam headquarters which develops Advanced Reporting & Analytics solutions for the key finance and business stakeholders across Philips
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- An MS/PhD in a quantitative field where the research/quantitative methods have direct applicability to business performance (e.g., economics, applied statistics, data science, computational neuroscience, operations research)
- The drive to establish and leverage internal and external networks in order to build on innovative perspectives
- The ability to understand an underlying need from an unspecified question;
- The ability to proactively apply statistical methods to different situation;
- Experience in machine learning, text mining and modeling high-dimensional data.
- A self-starter with approximately 4 years of working experience or a candidate who finished his/her PhD
- Develop & coach others; lead project assignments and take personal ownership for delivering business results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- The potential to thrive in a fast-paced, international and multi-cultural setting
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top