Senior Failure Investigation Technician (Electronics
Job TitleSenior Failure Investigation Technician (Electronics
Senior Failure Investigation Technician (Electronics)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
- Diagnose root cause of electrical, electronic digital or microprocessor malfunctions or mechanical failures of operational equipment to component level.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete, electromechanical units and components under operational conditions to investigate causes of field and manufacturing failures.
- Review and understand written diagrams, layout drawings, electronic schematics and engineering specifications for medical devices.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Document technical failure investigations through written reports to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for inclusion as part of internal complaint investigations.
- Support laboratory related administrative and organizational initiatives.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering
- 5+ years' experience analyzing and troubleshooting to root cause complex electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical working experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Practical working experience with SAP a plus.
- Practical working experience with Trackwise a plus.
- Experience working in the medical device industry a plus.
Limited travel (0-5%).. Requires the ability to perform in a sedentary work environment (e.g. office) and in a travel environment. Requires ability to reach and stand on a regular basis and to lift 15 pounds on a continuous basis and up to 40 pounds infrequently.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top