Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Home Monitoring Wearables)
Job TitleSenior Embedded Software Engineer (Home Monitoring Wearables)
Senior Embedded/Firmware Software engineer
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
We challenge you to support the Philips’ Home Monitoring business a Senior Embedded/Firmware Software engineer
- The Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer will be a member of the technical staff in the Engineering Department and be involved in the design, development, integration and test, and maintenance of the Philips Lifeline product line.
- This engineer will be a member of the software team. Activities include developing firmware for embedded devices, test software for automated integration and regression test, conducting code and design reviews, reviewing technical documents, and preparing documentation and ECO’s.
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related science area
- 10+ years of embedded product development experience
Experience developing embedded system using real-time OS and lower power MCU (ARM, MSP430 preferred)
- Experience in C, C++ development languages
- Experience in unit test, hardware integration test and debugging, and test automation
- Experience developing products in real time system and network protocols such as BTLE, WiFi, ISM RF, and Cellular.
- Good understanding of product development life cycle – requirement management and test case management
- Good trouble shooting, communication, and coordination skills
- Experience with home automation protocols such as ZigBee, Z-Wave preferred
- Experience with VoIP device development preferred
- Experience with integration of third-party products preferred
- Experience in testing scripts such as Python, VB.net, VBScript preferred
- Medical device industry experience preferred
- Battery powered device development experience preferred
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Call to Action / Contact
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top