Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job TitleSenior Embedded Software Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
To be responsible for conceptual design and implementation of real time embedded software for use within medical devices. This individual will operate as a subject matter expert, an individual technical contributor and will be responsible for motor control and pressure delivery core knowledge for Sleep Therapy device development projects. A comprehensive understanding of Field Oriented Control, Pressure delivery fundamentals, an ability to realize this functionality in an embedded software platform and a passion for science and technology will enable the candidate to execute successfully in this role.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OFFERED WITHIN UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
You are responsible for
The candidate will be responsible for conceptual design and implementation of real time embedded software for use within medical devices. Experience must include, but is not limited to the following:
- Experience in the various aspects of embedded development.
- Experience with different Microprocessors implementing embedded real time solutions.
- Experience in developing software requirements, design documents, software implementation and testing.
- Experience and comfort with the use of test and analysis equipment essential in the development of embedded devices.
- Experience with BLDC motors and associated software control via embedded system software.
- The candidate must be highly intelligent and be able to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems. Engineering skills, judgment, and experience will be applied to ensure product innovation, quality, and that project schedules are met.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
- Possess the ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments and ability to lead as well as participate on cross-functional project teams.
The candidate is expected to work closely with Product Managers, Technical managers, Systems Engineers, and other Engineering managers to develop working relationships that will enhance the development of the group's products. Exceptional embedded software engineering skills, proven communication abilities and teamwork will enable this individual to meet the challenges of the role. The position necessitates the ability to balance the demand for subject matter expertise in pressure delivery and motor control, the ability to priortize their own technical contribution and workload on key Sleep Therapy products.
- Coordinate and drive project activities from the system engineering focus, ensuring and advancing the team's adherence to good engineering practices, procedures and Quality System requirements.
- Actively pursue and understand pressure delivery requirements for new product development, schedule, organize, and lead activities for the motor control implementation and the realization of that delivery system.
- Remain agile personally and within the team to adjust and respond to the needs of supporting product development and the demands of the business.
- Maintain and improve the quality position of the team's deliverable and the overall business unit's products.
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
- Act as a leader within the engineering team, ensuring active participation in activities that enhance the engagement of the overall team.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, product development environment.
- Mentoring of engineers on technical issues, problem-solving strategies, and engineering principles.
- Creativity, technical judgment and the interpersonal skills required for the successful completion of multiple projects.
You are a part of
Philips and we are passionate about improving the quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep and respiratory solutions. This tradition of innovation, combined with our ability to anticipate market needs, has made Philips a global leader in the markets we serve.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience Level: 10+ years
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering required. Master of Science, desirable.
- Extensive embedded software development (C, C++, and/or assembly languages) and design background, preferably in a medical device industry.
- Strong understanding of structured design, embedded real-time systems, hardware/software interfacing.
- Requires the ability to understand schematics and work with hardware engineers to ensure proper system design and function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated successful results in the implementation of a motor control platform.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top