Senior Electrical Engineer (Failure Investigation)
Job TitleSenior Electrical Engineer (Failure Investigation)
In this role you will have the opportunity to
Join Philips, one of the world's leading healthcare companies in invasive and noninvasive hospital ventilators, patient interfaces, sensors, and monitoring equipment. We believe that by understanding our customers' problems we can ease the discomfort of ventilation by providing innovative solutions to improve the patient-ventilator experience, permit speech, and speed liberation.
You are responsible for
- Diagnosing the root cause of electrical, electronic digital or microprocessor malfunctions or mechanical failures of operational equipment to component level
- Setting up and conducting tests of complete, electromechanical units and components under operational conditions to investigate causes of field and manufacturing failures
- Reviewing and understanding written diagrams, layout drawings, electronic schematics and engineering specifications for medical devices
- Developing test plans and protocols
- Recording test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods
- Documenting technical failure investigations through written reports to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for inclusion as part of internal complaint investigations
- Reviewing and approving failure investigation reports completed by team members
- Working with and providing detailed defect data to stakeholder functions
You are a part of
R&D Sustaining Engineering team and will support the development of new products by providing inputs from lessons learned. You will troubleshoot, analyze, track and report on field returns and approve failure analysis reports.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree, or advanced degree, in Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering, or closely related major
- 5+ years' experience design, testing, analyzing and troubleshooting complex electronic and electromechanical equipment
- Experience with interpreting C++ and VHDL Code a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Practical working experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Practical working experience with SAP a plus
- Practical working experience with Trackwise a plus
- Experience as supervisor a plus
- Experience working in the medical device industry a plus
In return, we offer you
To learn and advance with Philips, a diversified technology company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation. With a century of history and more than 450 innovative products and services, we are ready to meet today's challenges in healthcare by creating solutions that deliver better care to more people at lower cost.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top