Senior Electrical Engineer
- Carlsbad, CA
Senior Electrical Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Participate in electrical product development while responsible for root cause analysis of ventilation and capnography medical devices.
You are responsible for
- Be able to perform a root cause analysis from system level to component level
- Understand and enforce medical regulation and compliance
- Drive to become an expert in and to improve team, department, and site processes
- Guide and instruct technicians in daily analysis activities
- Review, correct, and suggest improvements to technician's completed analyses
- Inspire and encourage a continuous improvement environment
- Operate with a quality first, data-driven decision making mindset
- Understand good database practices and maintain consistency in failure investigation database
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years' experience in failure analysis in a regulated environment (medical or similar)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Master understanding of all in-house products and common failure modes and manifestations
- Performs complex technical functions such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems
- Demonstrated experience conducting root cause analysis of electronics and electro-mechanical systems to component level
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand electrical schematics and layouts
- Utilize electronic test equipment, such as meters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Perform component level device removal, component soldering, and electronic repair
- Review technician's investigations and suggest improvements as needed
- Develop and update department procedures to improve quality and efficiency
- Improve lab capabilities and interaction with internal customers (R&D, MFG, QA/QE etc.)
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with engineering and management as needed
- Physical Requirements:
- Candidate shall be able to stand, sit for extended periods of time, reach, occasionally lift up to 50 lbs., use hand tools and electronic measurement equipment
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jen D.Campaign Manager
Jen oversees the creation and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns in an effort to support Philips’ agents in the field.
Back to top