Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Job TitleSenior Electrical Design Engineer
Join us designing the life-saving equipment needed to increase sudden cardiac arrest survival rates from the unnecessarily low 8% nationally to rates of over 60% survival like King County, WA. We work in a place where survivors come and thank us for doing our jobs.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our Patient Transport Monitoring & Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) product development team. Patient Transport Monitors read multiple patient parameters using bio sensors then display and analyze the current state of a patient to trained medical personnel. Our Patient Transport Monitors have defibrillators built in, so they have the ability to deliver life-saving therapy if a patient needs it.
An AED is designed for use by laypersons in public places to deliver therapy to a cardiac arrest victim prior to the arrival of trained medical professionals such as EMS. An AED requires small signal processing for ECG analysis, high energy electronics to deliver the life-saving shock, and digital electronics to control it all. The development test equipment design is equally broad and challenging both product types.
Our Philips culture values these behaviors:
- Eager to win
- Take Ownership
- Team up to Excel
In addition, our team is looking for engineers with the following qualities:
- Curious, smart, and creative
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Works from base physics, e.g., thinks about where the electrons are flowing
- Excellent communicator
Philips ECR – New Products and Innovations group is rapidly growing to meet the market demand of the medical industry. We are looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer with 7+ years’ experience in a medical or other regulated industry.
- Analog & Digital circuit design and analysis
- Component research and selection
- Electrical prototyping / bread boarding
- Writing detailed design documentation
- Schematic entry and detailed checking
- PCB Layout Management
- Test, bring-up and debug of electronic subsystems
- Participating in Design Reviews
- Interacting with contractors, vendors, partners and our team
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded hardware development in a professional organization, ideally in a regulated industry.
- Have a broad technical interest and are eager to learn and explore new fields.
- Can coordinate with multiple team members and has great communication skills.
- Take ownership of tasks and be driven to have the highest quality deliverables.
- Experience in defining, designing, documenting, testing and implementing electrical designs for 8-bit up to 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Experience implementing FPGA/CPLD components into a design; experience with VHDL/Verilog
- Able to use tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, IDE’s and emulators for debug and test
- Basic soldering and lab skills
- Analysis of analog circuits using SPICE simulations.
- Experience with Matlab for performance analysis.
- Understanding of broad and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review data sheets and design specifications
- Experience with low power operation techniques and battery management.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top