Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Job TitleSenior Electrical Design Engineer
Connected Sensing Venture
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
The Connected Sensing Venture is designed to serve and enable our HealthTech customers and Philips businesses to capture the emerging value in the increasingly digital, connected world of wearable monitoring. The venture will work to collaborate across HealthTech to re-imagine, develop and deliver connected sensing solutions for our professional customers.
All around us, we are experiencing a transformation in how healthcare is delivered and consumed. Industry experts believe that wearables and connected bio-sensing solutions will help solve critical clinical challenges; the ones that are increasing preventable suffering, anxiety and costing billions of dollars every year.
Key Area of Responsibilities:
This Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be a key member of the technical staff on the Product Development team in the Connected Sensing Venture.
- Apply state of the art techniques to develop very low-power, battery powered circuit assemblies with a mixture of analog, digital and RF circuitry for highly integrated, low power sensor/RF embedded designs
- Design activities will include specification development, schematic design, printed circuit board layout, component selection, FMEA analysis, tolerance analysis, prototype development, and design verification testing
- Create and maintain documentation for requirements, designs, test plans and test reports
- Plan and execute electronics verification activities including specification and design reviews, simulation, functional testing, EMC testing and ad hoc debugging
- Write requirements, specifications, verification and validation plans reports and summaries of development projects and tasks
- Maintain electrical engineering procedures and environment as required. Activities include work instruction preparation, electronics-tools qualification and validation, and configuration of development environment
- Assist and/or direct electronics vendors to create electronics prototypes
- Plan and execute hardware qualification activities
- Analyze field issues related to electronics, provide solutions where required
- Actively participate on multi-discipline project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative, best-in-class designs
- BS degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum ten years engineering / R&D experience in a rigorous quality-focused environment
- Experience designing patient monitoring systems including ECG, SpO2, etc. front ends
- Experience working on projects involving portable, low-power products incorporating wireless communication solutions such as Bluetooth LE, Wi-Fi, NFC, etc.
- Superior debugging and/or troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality design outputs in a timely manner
- Excellent requirements, specification, test plan/report writing skills
- Knowledge of product development methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of verification and validation testing methodologies
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS degree in electrical engineering
- Understanding of US and international regulatory requirements for medical devices, including applicable electrical safety and EMC regulations for medical devices
- Agile development
- LEAN/Six Sigma certification or experience
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top