Senior Director- Strategic Partnering
Job TitleSenior Director- Strategic Partnering
In this role you have the opportunity to
Influence strategy and growth in a leading Health Technology company. Are you a highly talented strategic thinker with solid M&A and/or business development experience, currently working for a top-tier strategy consulting firm, or corporate development team, who can support the Philips Executive Committee to make decisions on strategic areas for inorganic growth.
As a Senior Director in the Strategic Partnering function you will directly support and influence key decisions made at the highest level of the Philips organization.
You are responsible for
- Initiating and driving strategic partnering projects across all Philips' businesses
- Managing working teams up as well as down and sideways (incl. stakeholders throughout the organization) and driving specific inorganic strategies and transaction
- Analyzing and identifying high impact/high value opportunities for prioritization
- Actively developing and progressing partnerships with strategic rationale, businesses cases, and contract negotiations (NDA, MOU/LOI and strategic alliance agreements)
- Working closely with Strategy and Business Development business unit team members to drive to results
- Senior level stakeholder management and decision making (internal and external) using the Strategic Partnership 6 stage gate process
- Facilitating deal closure by driving discussions in broader teams (IP, Legal, Finance)
Responsibilities range from global projects at group level to high-impact projects within specific solution areas. Typical projects could be as broad as quantifying and negotiating terms of potential enterprise partnerships, to identification and mapping of growth/ecosystem opportunities in a specific domain such as Cardiology, Oncology or Respiratory care or Solution area such as Connected or Digital Health.
You are part of
Structured around 2 global hubs located in Amsterdam an Andover/Cambridge the Strategic Partnering team works with Philips businesses, market organizations and functional teams, supplying them with deep inorganic and partnering business insights and acumen and takes ownership on select strategic partnerships to drive corporate strategic direction and proof points of the health continuum strategy.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a top tier Strategy Consulting firm (BCG, Bain, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.) and M&A/Investment bank or Corporate Development, plus MBA from a top tier business school
- Or non-MBA candidates: minimum of 15 years experience partly in Strategy Consulting experience alternatively, 8-12 years in New Business Development, M&A or Corporate Development for a top-tier international company/investment bank)
- Significant Industry knowledge is a prerequisite
- A Master's in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- A willingness to travel (25%)
- Strong communication and people skills as well as a results-driven attitude when influencing stakeholders
In return, we offer you
The unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Executive Committee and Investment Committee, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development. Our benefits package includes:
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually
Within Philips, the Strategy Partnership team is being built as a competitive differentiator for Philips, and a stepping stone for future leaders. Deal making provides the ideal opportunity for this role to get to know the business better and vice versa.
The position is based in Amsterdam – a city consistently ranked in the top 15 in the world for Quality of Living, Startups and Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Top City to Work In. Learn more about living and working in the Netherlands: http://www.relocationguide.philips.nl/
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top