Senior Director, Product Development, CT/AMI
Job TitleSENIOR DIRECTOR, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, CT/AMI
This Sr. Director role will provide overall leadership of all Computed Tomography/Advanced Molecular Imaging (CT/AMI) product excellence activities throughout the full product development and maintenance lifecycle, including end-to-end verification and validation. Additionally, this role will drive ongoing refinement of Design Controls and Risk Management processes improving effectiveness and lean execution while maintaining clear compliance to global regulations. This role will manage product design excellence globally.
You are responsible for:
- Establish product design excellence objectives, measures and tracking mechanisms across the CT/AMI platform, product, and life cycle management (LCM) activities. Define the tie between product design metrics and product field quality metrics to drive predictable business results improvements.
- Expand current functional excellence by integrating Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) capabilities globally, including ways of work to drive greater application of design engineering principles and tools.
- Define strategic directions, identify technical trends, and implement solutions to place CT/AMI product design excellence at the forefront of our Research & Development (R&D) transformation.
- Define and drive implementation of the infrastructure to enable platform component level Validation & Verification (V&V), including test harnesses and simulators. Strategically expand automation to enable ongoing regression and smoke test coverage.
- Drive speed and entrepreneurial thinking – question the status quo across the entire value stream. Emphasize time to market with a focus on optimized product quality functional execution.
- Manage and monitor program/project execution. Secure resource allocation to deliver milestones on plan, on cost, and on quality.
- Drive continuous improvement in effectiveness and application of Design Controls and Risk Management processes globally.
- Provide an independent voice for product quality, including Product Realization Process/ Product Development Lifecycle Management (PRP/PDLM) milestone readiness assessments and adherence to standard processes.
- Supervise, develop, coach, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the product quality function.
- Collaborate with relevant leaders in marketing, clinical science, customer service, Quality & Regulatory (Q&R), and others to ensure alignment of objectives and methods.
- Actively participate on the CT/AMI R&D Leadership Team to ensure coordination and achievement of business goals.
- Exemplifies global thinking, including promoting openness to learning from and leveraging others' capabilities, sharing capabilities, and building an environment of trust.
- Drives accountability and ownership of objectives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience working in Engineering Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent. Master's preferred.
- DFSS / Six Sigma Design Experience
- Experience as a project leader
- Master's degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in a regulated / process-oriented product design & development.
- Experience operating and influencing in global organizations.
- Demonstrated experience developing and creating strong functional teams with robust talent pipeline.
- Good people management skills, including leadership, conflict resolution, assertiveness, negotiation and influence management.
- Strong presentation skills, appropriate to both management and customer audiences.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top