Senior Director Group Strategy
Job TitleSenior Director Group Strategy
In this role you have the opportunity to
bring your experience from a top-tier Strategy Consulting firm and/or from a leading global technology organization and to support decision-making by the Philips' Executive Committee and Business / Country leadership teams. This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy and growth of a highly innovative and rapidly evolving integrated technology solutions provider. Utilizing the skills, you have developed as a strategist, you will directly support and influence key decisions being made at the highest level of the organization. Can you bring together the right balance of problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to push the thinking into decisions and actions?
You are responsible for
- Reviewing and recommending improvements to the development of business and country strategies to achieve company goals
- Initiating and driving strategy projects across Philips' existing HealthTech portfolio, leading to the formulation of actionable strategy recommendations
- Identifying business gaps and propose corrective actions recommend business improvements based on market and competitive trends.
- Leading multiple teams to take ownership of and conduct high quality, meaningful, evidence-based business analyses in collaboration with various departments
- Leading multiple teams to develop business cases based on business analytics and competitive intelligence; to develop business plan and complete all due diligence activities.
- Proactively engaging senior executives to identify challenges for Philips
- Coordinating with content experts, marketing department and operations team to develop innovative business proposals, programs and concepts.
- Actively coaching, managing and developing more junior Strategy team members
- Being a knowledge center for Philips sub-set of HealthTech related businesses
- Being a close counterpart to the strategists for the different businesses and countries and help to define how strategies are developed and rolled out across Philips
A typical project example is the identification of growth opportunities in the connected health "wearables" market by means of a strategy 'deep dive'. This would include research and analysis of global consumer and clinical healthcare connected health markets, collaboration with senior management and other stakeholders to collate internal knowledge, and presentation of results, conclusions and recommendations to Philips' business unit CEOs. The Group Strategy team always works with a mandate from the Executive Committee and covers all Philips B2B, B2C, and B2G solutions.
As a Senior Director you are also responsible for managing and building the Group Strategy department, e.g. by leading people development, recruitment or shaping the department's training agenda.
You are part of
Structured around 4 global hubs located in Amsterdam, Andover, Singapore and Shanghai, the Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies. The team works with Philips businesses, market organizations and functional teams, supplying them with deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
A talented Business Strategy leader with:
- 10+ years of overall experience, preferable with 5+ years of experience with a top tier Strategy Consulting firm (e.g. BCG, Bain, McKinsey) in a leadership role
- Minimum of 3 years in New Business Development or in a Strategy role at an executive level for a top-tier technology oriented, multinational corporate, integrated healthcare or IT Solutions Provider
- Affinity for driving integrated solutions across hardware, software, and services
- Proven track record of creating significant impact in a multinational organization
- Deep knowledge of consumer, healthcare and/or high-tech industries
- Master's in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- Willingness to travel (25%)
In return, we offer you
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Executive Committee, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development. Our benefits package includes:
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually
Within Philips, the Strategy team is a proven landing spot for strategy consultants, and a stepping stone for future leaders. There is the opportunity to develop further within the strategy career track, but many predecessors have successfully moved into other areas of business – from general management to marketing. Projects form the ideal opportunity for members of the Strategy team to get to know the business better and vice versa.
The position is based in Amsterdam - A city consistently ranked in the top 15 in the world for Quality of Living, Startups and Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Top City to Work In. Learn more about living and working in the Netherlands: http://www.relocationguide.philips.nl/
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Systems Engineer—Seattle, WA
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top