Senior Director Group Strategy
Job TitleSenior Director Group Strategy
Royal Philips HealthTech
Royal Philips has recently made the next step in its transformational Accelerate! journey to unlock its earning and innovation potential. This step included the creation of two market-leading companies focused on the unique opportunities that fundamental market changes have created in the HealthTech and Lighting solution domains.
At Royal Philips, with sales of € 25 billion in 2015, we focus on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Our HealthTech Company combines the former Healthcare and Consumer Lifestyle sectors and will be well-positioned to capitalize on the convergence of professional health care and consumer well-being needs across the health continuum.
Business groups that fall within the HealthTech company already have market leading positions in oral healthcare, healthcare informatics, ultrasound diagnostics, patient monitoring, image guided therapy and home healthcare, to name a few, and serve a total estimated, addressable market of € 185 – 190 billion in 2019.
The creation of the HealthTech domain will allow Philips to uniquely respond to consumers' rising desires to proactively monitor and manage their health, and increasing pressures on healthcare systems to deliver better and more affordable care across the health continuum.
Philips' brand equity in this space, value proposition and corporate assets will help to reshape and optimize population health management by leveraging big data, medical devices, and expert consulting. Philips will leverage its leading positions in Healthcare and Consumer Lifestyle portfolios and the integration of the data on its cloud-based digital health platform to capture growth in an increasingly connected world. Above all, the HealthTech business will be able to deliver more effective, low cost health-focused innovation to societies and patients around the world when and where they need it most.
We challenge you to bring your experience from a top-tier Strategy Consulting firm and/or from a leading global technology organization and to support decision-making by the Philips' Executive Committee. This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy and growth of a highly innovative and rapidly evolving integrated technology solutions provider. Utilizing the skills you have developed as a strategist, you will directly support and influence key decisions being made at the highest level of the organization. At the same time you will be leading multiple teams to deliver strategy project and be a line manager of 8 – 10 strategists. Can you bring together the right balance of problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to push the thinking into decisions and actions?
As a Senior Director of Group Strategy for Amsterdam you are responsible for:
- Proactively engaging senior executives to identify challenges for Philips based on market and competitive trends
- Initiating and driving strategy projects across Philips' existing HealthTech portfolio, leading to the formulation of actionable strategy recommendations to achieve company goals
- Develop business plans and cases based on business analytics, competitive intelligence and all required due diligence activities.
- Collaborate with various departments to enable your teams to collect business data to complete timely analysis.
- Coordinate with content/clinical experts, sales, marketing and operations colleagues to develop and implement innovative business proposals, programs and concepts.
- Guiding multiple project teams (incl. senior stakeholders in the organization)
- Actively coaching, managing and developing Group Strategy team members
- Being a knowledge center for Markets (read country organizations) or Business Groups
- Being a close counterpart to the Heads of Strategy of the different Markets (read country organizations) or Business Groups and helping to execute on strategies across Philips
As a Senior Director you are also responsible for managing and building the Group Strategy department, e.g. by leading internal teams on topics as people development, recruitment, onboarding or social activities.
The Strategy team works together with Philips Businesses, Markets and other functional teams on high impact projects with a mandate from the Philips Executive Committee and senior leaders. This is a central team that drives deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership for the company.
The Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies, based out of Amsterdam, Boston, Singapore and Shanghai. The Strategy team is a talent pool for future Philips leaders.
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of Philips' Executive Committee and the Business Group / Markets' Leadership Team, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and models. We will also support your personal and professional development. This position carries with it a competitive salary, LTI's, Annual Incentive and benefits package plus relocation expenses.
We are looking for:
A talented strategy leader with:
- 10+ years of overall experience, preferable with 5+ years of experience with a top tier Strategy Consulting firm (e.g. BCG, Bain, McKinsey)
- Minimum of 3 years in New Business Development or in a Strategy role at an executive level for a top-tier technology oriented, multinational corporate, integrated healthcare or IT Solutions Provider
- Affinity for driving integrated solutions across hardware, software, and services
- Proven track record of creating significant impact in a multinational organization
- Deep knowledge of consumer, healthcare and/or high-tech industries, preferable with 5+ years of experience leading projects in these markets
- Master's in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- Willingness to travel (25%)
If the challenge of influencing strategy at Philips appeals to you, please contact Linda Hoekstra-Baanstra (Talent Acquisition Consultant) via [email protected], who will provide you with more information and orient you towards the most suitable open positions.
Or apply directly online, via http://www.philips.com/careers. Choose job field: strategy / corporate development. Choose location: Netherlands or other preferred location.
Pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top