Senior Digital Researcher
Job TitleSenior Digital Researcher
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to consumers' lives. Based on deep consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that delight consumers, working closely together with Marketing and Development.
This position will focus on developing superior experiences within our software platforms. This includes creating and exploring new features, generating feature roadmaps or our new and existing propositions and helping understand how we can improve our existing apps on the market. Throughout these tasks, you will use consumer feedback collected by your strategically planned local and global consumer research.
You are responsible for
The Digital Consumer Researcher works in software development projects for Philips Oral Healthcare.
- translate the general needs of market segments into consumer insights.
- support validation of consumer insights in the area of global oral healthcare unmet needs - using all appropriate (desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods.
- understand new innovation development opportunities and gather consumer insights to help steer the definition of new software technology.
- collaborate with the digital post market team to influence the order in which feature enhancements, new opportunities and bugs should be implemented, all in order to maintain high consumer satisfaction of our products on the market.
- collaborate with UX design team and core scrum team to translate consumer insights to feature ideas and concepts to be considered.
- Create strategic research plans and conduct local and global research to help define feature definition and requirements (user stories and acceptance criteria) as well as to generate a roadmap of possible opportunities.
- Validate whether the end-product meets the consumer needs and insight and check that these are executed according to regulatory (FDA) guidelines.
You are a part of
Philips Oral Healthcare is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medical and non-medical lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. Philips Oral Healthcare is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas, and increasingly digital innovations, services, connected products to the global market.
A key department in this site is the "Product Research Center (PRC)". The PRC represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities.
It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight consumers better than competition and live up to Philips' brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of PRC spans from Insight generation / concept development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D (Innovation and Development) and the marketing team. You will work in a cross-functional agile team which includes UX design, software developers, system architects, product owner, marketing etc. to develop the software requirements design and overall functionality.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering) AND relevant experience in Consumer Research and / or Marketing (required)
- OR Bachelor degree (in Social Sciences, Sensory Sciences or Market Research) AND relevant experience in Technology businesses as part of a product development team (required)
- At least 5 years of experience in Consumer Research and/or Marketing, preferably in a global and multi-disciplinary setting (required)
- At least 3 years of experience in software development in one or any of the following like roles: product manager, product owner, UX designer or consumer/product researcher role (required)
- Understanding of Agile way of working, software feature development (creating user stories and acceptance criteria), and using product analytics to improve existing features and create new features (required)
- Experience in using consumer research to drive new software features and conducting research and usability testing of digital innovations and services. You have applied a range of research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each. (required)
- Technical understanding combined with consumer mindset to be able to see the link between technology and consumers (required)
- Experience in consumer research methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics (required)
- Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection (required)
- Passionate about creating innovations and services that truly address consumer needs and delight our consumers. (required)
- Conceptual, data/details driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on (required)
- A strong team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes (required).
- Courageous and smart thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
In return, we offer you
Ability to collaborate and translate customer needs in to products.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top