Senior Digital Interaction Designer
Senior Digital Interaction Designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to create solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them healthier and happier, all of this with keeping in mind a sustainable future for the world in which we live.
You are responsible for
- Define the full user experience within a project: from translation user needs into interaction framework, creating user flows/scenarios, wireframes and to build user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Lead the setup up usability tests when relevant and guide external agencies in their work. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- Create the best possible user experience and interaction design. You have a proactive and innovative mindset that allows you to create innovative and appropriate user experiences that solve our business' and customer needs.
- Information architecture: Create information architectures and application flows (flowcharts). Creating functional designs for application screens (wireframes).
- Interface & usability: Apply and define (general) interface and interaction principles. Define and apply general usability principles.
- Experience design: Creating experience demonstrators, prototypes and scenarios that together create a great brand experience. Use appropriate skills (sketching, prototyping and specification) to define and communicate interaction concepts.
- Technical (hardware/software):Identification and applying of digital technology opportunities and constraints.
You are a part of
Our design team that is the heart of Philips, shaping the way people experience our brand, products and services. In fact, everything you see from Philips is designed. As proud custodians of the Philips brand, we make sure design is always the starting point for innovations. At Philips Design, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier. The home location for the role is Philips Design, Bothell, WA. You will work in a multidisciplinary design studio responsible for global design direction for Philips Oral Healthcare. Your peers in Design will include product, service, communications, packaging, and service design and program management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Interaction, Service or Industrial Design.
- You a minimum of 7 years relevant interaction design experience in one or more specific business domains.
- You are passionate about innovation, user interface design and overall user experience
- You have an affection with healthcare and personal health
- You have a strong aesthetic and visual sensitivity
- Expertise and talent in interaction design and visual design as well as for your specific competency, knowledge and capability.
- Experience in using the following tools: Sketch, Axure, Prototyping tools (eg. Flinto), Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office tools.
In return, we offer you
As an Interaction Designer, you will be responsible for identifying the most attractive market opportunities for Philips to pursue and provide key support in the evaluation of new product and business opportunities globally. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top