Senior Data Engineer
Job TitleSenior Data Engineer
This position is based in Pleasanton, CA
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Senior Software Engineer who loves the challenges of Healthcare Informatics and you love thinking outside the box, innovating, brainstorming and using your creativity to find insightful solutions, then please read on and apply! You will be involved in visualization, develop dashboard and recommend ways to improve data efficiency.
You are responsible for
- Design Visualizations supported by Data Models that will be part of Philips Analytics Cloud solutions for PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) customers
- Develop Interactive Dashboards and supporting Services that will provide customer intelligence insights
- Interact with internal and potentially external clients to understand their requirements for customer operational and clinical analytics data
- Capture detailed business requirements and technical specifications
- Mentor other team members to develop cutting- edge data visualizations
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Create custom software components (e.g. specialized UDFs) and analytics applications
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
- Install and update disaster recovery procedures
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals
You are a part of
The Philips' Enterprise Imaging and Clinical Informatics Business Unit provide a comprehensive solution for medical image storage and enterprise distribution. Our Software as a Service solution stores images for millions of patients across hundreds of hospitals across the country and helps clinicians acquire, analyze, and interpret clinical data so they have the care-specific information they need to make informed decisions with confidence. You'll join the R&D team responsible for building and maintaining this software.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 6+ years of Software Development experience
- BSEE or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience with an OO language, preferably Java/Scala/C++
- Experience working with Relational DBs and NoSQL technologies
- Experience working with latest technologies and design patterns for designing platform independent applications
- Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing exposure a bonus
- Proven track record of successfully delivering enterprise software applications using Agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken form.
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards, and personalized development planning programs. Our business provides unique opportunities to develop cutting edge enterprise software solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space and this new position is a unique opportunity to shape the next generation solutions we are developing.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top