Senior Commodity Manager (Software)
Job TitleSenior Commodity Manager (Software)
- As a commodity manager you take care for an assigned supply base. You work together with the commodity lead to develop and execute the global commodity strategy in order to deliver on the procurement KPI’s and support the Philips business in attaining their goals and strategies as well.
- You focus on your assigned scope of suppliers and build a high-performing relationship with incumbent as well as potential new suppliers in order to serve current and future sourcing demands.
- With your supply base you apply and take accountability for the Total Cost of Ownership of sourcing decisions to meet the defined requirements of a business or market entity. Accountability for Total Cost of Ownership includes material cost, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and procurement information/data management.
- You work closely with internal leadership and key stakeholders as well with the relevant leaders and key people from external suppliers to develop and implement strategic commodity plans.
- You have full accountability for Bill-of-Material and Services costs, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and supply management information/data management, providing support and guidance to relevant procurement peers, building of supply market intelligence to support business and or market decisions.
- You will be supported by leading tools like Negotiation Excellence tooling & coaching, Design for Excellence toolsets and apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support material decisions on a continued basis.
- Co-develop, maintain and execute strategies sourcing initiative for the assigned supplier portfolio with the commodity Embedded Software and, potentially, Embedded Computing Hardware.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the preferred high-performance supply base for the assigned scope.
- Responsible to represent Philips and its interests during supplier interactions, leading and managing supplier evaluations within the assigned scope.
- Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio, including gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned scope.
- Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop, maintain and execute)
- Ensure related risks are mapped, controlled and mitigated.
- You will be part of a global commodity team consisting of commodity managers that continuously interface with other cutting edge companies and their technologies across the globe.
- You will represent Philips in the supply industry and work closely together with your procurement counterpart in the business to fulfil their sourcing needs with top notch technology supply at the right price at the right quality and time.
- You frequently interact with key persons and leadership in R&D Engineering, (product) Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations to secure supply to demand
You’ll be part of a team that is committed to source the best for the various business lines of the company. You will become part of Philips that is committed to improving the lives of 3 billion people a year by the year 2025 through market-driven innovations in the HealthTech space.
Philips strives to deliver meaningful innovations that actually help our customers deal with their health in a meaningful way and are passionate in helping them improve their lives. We passionately collaborate across the company and offer our employees the challenges, responsibilities, coaching and learning opportunities needed for their personal and professional development. We believe in ample reward and special recognition for a job well done, and we welcome the cultural awareness, mutual understanding, open minds and out-of-the-box thinking that come from international multidisciplinary team working.
At Philips, you can accelerate your personal growth by being part of entrepreneurial teams, building a career designed for you and integrating work-life balance throughout your career with us.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 -7 years knowledge and experience in procurement. Strategically managing and owning a supply base of leading supplier with preference in the area of Embedded & Cloud Software solutions and/ or embedded computing (Hardware).
- Good understanding and high interest in technology and knowledge of the OEM & Embedded SW/ HW industry
- Solid understanding of Licensing and Intellectual Property aspects
- Experience in a regulated production and/ or service environment (medical/FDA regulated preferred)
- Comfortable in working with a wide variety of disciplines such as R&D Engineering, Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top