Senior Commercial Risk Manager , Cambridge MA
Senior Commercial Risk Manager , Cambridge MA
In this role, you will have the opportunity to
Be challenged to support risk management activities across the North America Market for Philips in support of our transformation from a product sales company to a solution selling powerhouse. You will act as a local representative and ambassador in North America to promote the value of risk management as we continue our transformation to a successful provider of solutions. In this transformation you lead, support and handle complex engagements with suppliers, customers, consultants, (sub-) contractors, service providers, financing institutions, B2G, etc.
In parallel, Philips' focus is shifting to generate growth in the next frontier of emerging markets while empowering decision-making within Markets and Countries to ensure local relevance and increased entrepreneurship. For Philips this means we will properly support our Markets in actively identifying, assessing, mitigating and monitoring of risks to ensure an integrated and structured risk management process, enabling the Market to deliver on its strategy and financial goals in a sustainable manner. Additionally, stricter regulations and increased public pressure is rapidly changing the way business is done around the world.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Supporting and advising to the Head of Risk Management for the Market by the active identification, assessment, mitigation and monitoring of risks (strategic, operational, financial, compliance) related to Solutions, long-term strategic customer partnerships, and new business-models (ex., as-a-service, fee-per-use);
- Ensuring compliance with global and standard processes for risk management, ways of working, systems and tools aligned with the Market to Order (M2O), Order to Cash (O2C) phases that support the countries and markets, and the Philips Business Process Framework;
- Seeking alliances with internal market to facilitate the optimal use of resources within the company providing solutions for the risks identified;
- Supporting the Group Markets Risk Management team with the continuous improvement of the risk management processes for Solutions;
- Translating risks, insights and solutions into institutionalized standard methodologies;
- Ensuring proper support for and timely follow up on conducted risk assessments;
- Fostering a culture of transparency, risk awareness.
The North America Risk Management Team, reporting into the Head of Risk Management. This is a highly visible individual contributor role working with key partners across Finance, Legal, Sales, Strategy, Quality & Regulatory, and Compliance. It offers an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and positions you to take on increased responsibility.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree (risk management, finance, business administration, economics or equivalent), required;
- Masters' degree, preferred
- Certification in Risk Management, ideal
- 5+ years of experience in a comparable role with experience in risk management in a business environment, preferably in the Healthcare industry (systems and solutions);
- Excellent Communication (written and verbal); and influencing skills;
- Leading multiple complex projects, and executing high quality deliverables according to strict timetables;
- Familiarity with the legal and financial system, with an understanding of the language of the legal and finance community;
- Consistent and balanced behavior consistent with Philips Values, willing to lead by example;
- High Integrity;
- Highly motivated, standout colleague, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
The location for this position is Boston (Cambridge, MA). Travel is 10% (within North America and possibly internationally, as needed) Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top