Senior Collections Specialist
Job TitleSenior Collections Specialist
We challenge you to take an active role in our team of Collections Specialists who will be responsible for cash collections with a defined group of major /key customer accounts, at Philips’ Healthcare North American by maintaining excellent relationships with our customers, internal finance leadership, and cross-functional business partners.
- Manage an active customer base of key account consisting of over $12 up to $30 million dollars.
- Contact clients with past due balances in the portfolio to obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up on payment promises.
- Meets or exceeds targeted cash collections metrics, reducing past due, bad debt exposure, and other quantitative targets.
- Accountable for reporting any disputed/ short paid invoices, identifying root cause, and collaborating with the internal department to expedite resolution/payment.
- Escalate major collection issues with Management that may require special attention/ support.
- Assist the cash applications department with resolving payment application discrepancies ensuring adjustments are completed in a timely fashion.
- Support and develop accounts receivable lean process improvements.
- Prepare proposals for agency placement and write off to bad debt.
Reporting to our Regional Organizations, our country organizations support Philips’ Product Divisions and businesses at a local level. It is a varied role with the primary goal of ensuring the alignment and smooth-running of the core accounting processes for Philips largest North American location. This role is part of the Philips Finance Organization (FinOps). We focus on customers’ needs by delivering excellent quality products.
We are offering an opportunity to be part of a team of professional collectors to work in a growth and development culture.
We are looking for:
- A professional candidate with a strong collections background in business to business collections with a customer service/retention mindset.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with a multi million dollar portfolio.
- Experience in working with collection software a plus, not required.
- SAP or similar ERP accounting application experience preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working with Excel specifically (Vlook up and pivot tables)
- Understanding of PCI (payment card industry) Sox compliance (internal control standards) in a collections environment preferred.
- Experience within the healthcare or medical manufacturing industry is beneficial.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top