Senior Collections Specialist
Job TitleSenior Collections Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Take an active role in our team of Collections Specialists who will be responsible for cash collections with a defined group of major /key customer accounts, at Philips' Healthcare North American by maintaining excellent relationships with our customers, internal finance leadership, and cross-functional business partners.
- Manage an active customer base of key accounts averaging $12 -$20 million dollars dependent on portfolio mix.
- Contact clients with past due balances in the portfolio to obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up on payment promises.
- Meets or exceeds targeted cash collections metrics, reducing past due, bad debt exposure, and other quantitative targets.
- Accountable for reporting any disputed/ short paid invoices, identifying root cause, and collaborating with the internal department to expedite resolution/payment.
- Escalate major collection issues with Management that may require special attention/ support.
- Assist the cash applications department with resolving payment application discrepancies ensuring adjustments are completed in a timely fashion.
- Support and develop accounts receivable lean process improvements.
- Prepare proposals for agency placement and write off to bad debt.
Reporting to our Regional Organizations, our country organizations support Philips' Product Divisions and businesses at a local level. It is a varied role with the primary goal of ensuring the alignment and smooth-running of the core accounting processes for Philips largest North American location. This role is part of the Philips Finance Organization (FinOps). We focus on customers' needs by delivering excellent quality products.
In return, we offer you
We are offering an opportunity to be part of a team of professional collectors to work in a growth and development culture.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A professional candidate with a strong collections background in business to business collections with a customer service/retention mindset.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles preferred.
- SAP or similar ERP accounting application experience preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working with Excel specifically (Vlook up and pivot tables)
- Understanding of PCI (payment card industry) Sox compliance (internal control standards) in a collections environment preferred.
- Experience within the healthcare or medical manufacturing industry is beneficial.
- Experience in working with collection software a plus, not required.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top