Senior Business Systems Analyst/Product Owner
Job TitleSenior Business Systems Analyst/Product Owner
Senior Business System Analyst/Product Owner
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people's lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
We challenge you to support the Philips' as a Business System Analyst
- As a Business Systems Analyst in the role of Product Owner: responsible for defining and prioritizing the team backlog. The product owner is the voice of the customer within the scrum team and ensures business critical and priority features and user stories are covered in each sprint. Specifically:
Preparation and Participation in Release Planning:
- Updates the team backlogs and participates in reviewing & contributing to Program Vision, roadmap and content presentations
- Involved in story definition, providing clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates, sprint loading, story sequencing and drafting the team's specific objectives for the Program Increment based on MVP (minimum viable product)
- Backlog grooming: Takes inputs from Product Managers and other stakeholders, to build, prune and maintain the team backlog. The backlog contains the user stories, defects, refactors and infrastructure work.
- Prioritizes backlog in Release Planning
- Manages inter-team dependencies in the respective sprints
- Iteration Planning: The Product Owner reviews and re prioritizes the backlog as part of the iteration planning process including coordination with other product owners. The Product Owner is the main source for user story details and priorities; and has the responsibility to accept the final iteration plan
- Just In Time (JIT) Story Elaboration: Elaborates user stories for the scrum teams prior to iteration planning, during iteration planning or during the iteration itself
- Participates in creating the Definition of done, story Acceptance Criteria, drafts them
- Reviews and accepts stories into the baseline
- Participates in team demo and retrospectives
- During the Program Increment, coordinates with other Product Owners on content dependencies with other product owners
- Responsible to deliver system demo for the scope to the business owner and product management team. Works with other Product Owners to produce the system demo
Inspect and Adapt:
- Works with teams to define & implement continuous improvement stories
- Lead efforts to introduce new applications and major upgrades to existing applications used by Philips Lifeline employees and business partners. These are large scale projects involving mission critical applications that require working with and managing a cross-functional team.
- Perform needs analysis of customers and internal Philips Lifeline user community.
- Conduct business analysis, elicit customer requirements, lead user story mapping activities, and prioritize features.
- Write business requirements, features, user stories, use case narratives (as is/to be), business process flows, value stream mapping.
- Develop a detailed project plan for the business analysis track
- Assemble core business team and manage their activities.
- Work with IT to translate requirements into design and implementation.
- Lead cross-functional teams to gain approval for and resolve issues related to requirements, design and implementation.
- Manage detailed data management issues related to project including working with IT database personnel to manage any clean-up activities or translate database terminology into meaningful business terms.
- Manage and coordinate user acceptance/business testing within the QA environments. May also be responsible for managing Internal and External Beta test cycles for new product introductions.
- Work with the Training team to create supporting documentation (e.g., training materials for users, help documentation)
- Perform cost/benefit analyses on potential automated services.
- Work with the business to measure and report on adoption and associated cost savings of automated services.
- Responsible for providing Tier 3 subject matter expertise support for production issues which may occur for systems you are knowledgeable in
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 10 years work experience, preferably in Business Analysis or Product Owner
- Business process analysis experience required
- Experience in using SAFe Agile and LEAN methodologies
- Experience in user story mapping
- Experience with developing cost/benefit justifications
- Excellent documentation and written communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external customers
- Detail oriented
- Data analysis (including identification of data to be gathered, analyzing the data, identifying trends, and drawing conclusions)
- Negotiation prowess and influencing skills are a must
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating work flow, while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, ServiceMax, or Pega are a plus
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Call to Action / Contact
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top