Senior Art Director
Job TitleSenior Art Director
In your role as Senior Art Director you will closely partner with the Creative Lead and Design Business Partner to help articulate brand expression of the business communication strategy. You will help direct flexible internal or external design resources to drive and meet strategic or tactical communication needs. You will play an active hands-on role in the realization of key projects and creative development of touch-points.
As a key member of the communication design team in Shanghai you will help define the design principles for communication strategies and translate these principles into 360 touch point concepts – from digital, to packaging, to in-store experiences. You will help create truly integrated brand experiences across consumer’s decision journeys by drawing upon research insights, and building a deep understanding of retail communication channels, trends and future technologies. You will work in close co-operation with cross-functional teams – Product Design and Digital as well as external agencies.
Analytical & conceptual skills
Uses appropriate and effective analytical and conceptual skills to increase domain knowledge and to create meaningful and innovative solutions.
- Analyze required information to form a relevant understanding of context (domain, business, market, emerging contexts, related trends, target groups, etc.) and define and articulate relevant insights.
- Create surprising and relevant scenarios/ themes/ concepts that explore potential or articulate a proposition, based on contextual understanding.
Uses appropriate and effective visual skills to visualize simplicity across all touch points, supporting business needs, improving in-store and on-line performance, and increasing NPS.
- Create style and tonality across media that is appropriate for brand, audience, market, culture and the business.
- Create effective and appropriate visual languages by understanding the meaning and effect of these on the brand, audience, market and culture (context).
- Create effective reading paths and information structures across media which achieve the communication goal with the audience.
- Apply and define (general) interface and interaction principles. Define and apply general usability principles.
Uses appropriate and effective verbal skills to verbalize simplicity across all touch points, supporting business needs, improving in-store and on-line performance, and increasing NPS.
- Use words to inspire and direct communication creatively through heightened awareness and understanding of the message, context and opportunities for commercial advantage.
- Create effective copy (structure, tonality and content) by understanding the effect on the brand, audience and market.
Communicating & influencing skills
Uses appropriate and effective communicating & influencing skills to build relationships with teams and key decision makers and to achieve the best solutions.
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level.
- Build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal & external stakeholders.
- You have a minimum of 6 years work experience with a Bachelor or Master degree (or equivalent).
- You have a firm understanding of brand application and marketing campaign articulation across channels.
- Your portfolio demonstrates strong creative thinking with the ability to develop an original concept and take this through to realization across a consumer decision journey.
- You have a demonstrated ability to develop full 360 experiences, from digital and packaging, to in-store.
- You are able to confidently present to business stakeholders and strongly articulate creative propositions in a clear and meaningful way.
- You have proven ability to use words as an integral part of creative solutions.
- Your visual skills are strong in stylistic accuracy, visual semantics and visual hierarchy.
- You are able to work within tight deadlines and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility with a can-do attitude.
- You can work with a full range of core design software tools and applications – Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc.).
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top