Job TitleSenior Accountant
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Focus on supporting a significant portion of Philips North America HealthSystems accounting and internal controls.
Job Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Prepare and/or review account reconciliations
- Provide business partnership in relation to internal controls and other accounting areas
- Streamlines existing processes and recommends and implement value-adding changes
- Provide support for internal & external audit activities and audit preparation
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional team to support FP&A activities and subsequent integration efforts
- Adhere to the deadlines for related areas to ensure a timely close
- Understand and maintain Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") documentation and requirements for assigned areas
- Significant ad-hoc projects and support
You are a part of
R2R Accounting Operations reporting to the Diagnosis & Treatment (D&T) Segment Lead, as well as interacting with Business Partners, Order Management (OM), Technical Accounting & Oversight (TA&O), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), and our internal & external auditors.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 3+ years public accounting experience
- CPA strongly desired
- The ideal candidate has 3+ years of relevant experience. Prior, or current, public accounting experience is required.
- Experience general ledger accounting & technical standards (IFRS and SEC Regulations)
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated, reliable and able to work independently
- Internal controls (SOX) experience
- Ability to present data in a comprehensive and articulate manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong EXCEL experience
- Bachelor's in Accounting highly preferred
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top