Job TitleScrum Master
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Scrum Master, you will be a leader and coach for a cross-functional scrum team delivering solutions for Emergency Care & Resuscitation customers. The scrum master is a leader and process expert within up to 2 scrum teams, contributing to the initial release and improvement of resuscitation products and services. You will help educate the team in Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe, ensuring that the agreed Agile process is being followed. You will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. You will contribute to the success of the Emergency Care and Resuscitation Business Unit by helping improve and save lives.
You are responsible for
As a member of the extended Program Management Team for a NPI (new product introduction) release train, the scrum master is responsible for the following:
- During the Program Increment, coordinates with other scrum masters on dependencies through a scrum of scrums
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for Program Increment planning, System Demos, and Inspect/Adapt workshops.
- Integrates work and collaborates across a release train to help deliver multiple product lines concurrently.
- Facilitates all team meetings, including daily stand-up, iteration planning, team demo, and sprint retrospective.
- Supports the product owner in their efforts to manage the team backlog.
- Actively addresses impediments and blocking issues that are beyond the team's authority or that require support from other teams.
- Provides visibility and metrics to the team to improve quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
Inspect and Adapt:
- Supports the creation of team process agreements and reinforces all agreements actively
- Works with teams to define & implement continuous improvement stories
- Guides the team in establishing normalized estimating
- Assists in identifying and coaching future scrum masters within the organization
- Helps grow our community of scrum masters through participation in a scrum master center of excellence
- Coach and guide novice teams to improve performance within a SAFe framework on a mix of hardware and software features.
You are a part of
Philips' Emergency Care & Resuscitation (ECR) Business Innovation Unit (BIU.) You will report directly to the Sr. Director, PMO, ECR. The ECR team is part of Philips Patient Care & Monitoring Solutions (PCMS) division. This position is based in Bothell, WA.
You will work on a cross-functional scrum team that includes hardware engineers, software developers and UX designers. Your team may also include quality assurance, test engineers, and supply chain / operations representatives. Your team will integrate with a program release train within a SAFe framework.
Emergency Care and Resuscitation is a key business along the continuum of care, and has a broad product portfolio of advanced life support solutions, automated external defibrillators, and data management solutions. Our mission is to design, produce, and deliver every solution as if the life of someone we love depends on it. Every day, we empower and enable our customers – from clinicians to paramedics, first responders to the ordinary person – to save lives using our innovative, market leading technology. We are searching for passionate leaders to join us as we strengthen our product portfolio, expand our services and solutions, and bring game changing technology to market.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
- 5+ years acting as a scrum master
- Experience delivering a hardware-based product
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Effective at cultivating networks and partnerships
- Formal training and experience working with Scaled Agile
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate a diverse group of teams across multiple business units, including engineering, services, product support teams, Finance, Legal, Contracts, Quality and Regulatory.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- Experience in healthcare device businesses/organizations a plus
- Experience in the resuscitation domain a plus
- Understanding of regulated environment - FDA Quality System Regulation (21 CFR 820), and EU – Medical Device Directive (MDD) requirements a plus
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top