Sales Support, Solution Architect - Digital Pathology Solutions- Pre-Sales (WEST)
Job TitleSales Support, Solution Architect - Digital Pathology Solutions- Pre-Sales (WEST)
The Pre-Sales Solution Architect is recognized as an expert in his field. You contribute your knowledge and expertise about IT solutions in customer facing pre-sales solution design activities to support sales. Based on your broad knowledge of IT systems & services architecture and solution design in the healthcare industry you have a central role within the sales team. You are recognized as an IT Solutions architect within Philips Digital Pathology Solutions. This role will be responsible for a West Coast based territory. Ideally a candidate will live in either: Seattle, WA, San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, or San Diego, CA.
- Actively participates in customer interviews and customer needs analysis
- Translates customer goals into a solution design exemplifying a customer specific unique value proposition
- Communicates technical aspects of IT products and services to customers and sales in clear, simple terms aligning customer goals with solution capabilities
- Assists in developing customer multi-generational plans wrt TCO, life cycle management, privacy & security and phased deployment
- Creates technical specification requirements and interface requirements for integrated solutions
- Contributes to the business case development and authors technical components of SOW, RFP / RFI / RFQ
- Provides customers with compelling demos
- Manages Proof of Concept and distills customer feedback into clear, concise actions
- Summarizes market needs and anecdotal competitive information to Product Management
- Resolves technical issues during negotiations and contracting
- Transfers technical requirements and commitments to Implementation and Integration teams
- Keeps up to date with new technology developments
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started May 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing the Philips Ultra Fast scanner for microscope tissue slides and am Image Management System within a Healthcare Informatics environment. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture is now expanding in North America, Europa and Asia. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering pathologists with Digital Pathology solutions so their expertise is supported by the best pathology scanners, Image Management System and workflow solutions available. As a Pre-Sales Solution Architect you will report directly to the Head of Commercial Operations, NAM for assignments and priority setting and the Senior Solution Architect in Development, for functional process input.
A challenging role in a venturing and growing business domain. We welcome you to an innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- Master or Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical education
- 10 years experience in the medical / healthcare industry as a System Architect or System Designer
- Deep understanding of departmental and enterprise Healthcare IT information systems and systems integration
- Practical, working knowledge of Healthcare IT systems integration protocols and technologies including HL7, XML, DICOM, API and various file based information exchange methodologies
- Working knowledge of customers' technical landscape such as Epic, LIS, voice reporting, PACS, VNA and archival solutions
- Strong business acumen – able to identify and articulate key value to customers
- Demonstrated ability to actively engage ad hoc and formalized partners
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to find solutions to complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- Comfortable to present solutions to a broad ranges of customer representatives ranging from Engineers, developers, designers, architects, IT managers and CIO's.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills that demonstrates an eagerness to win
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top